Skywatcher?

1. Okay, so for the last couple of hours I've been trying to find information about how to approach defeating skywatchers, the helicoptery guardians found in various places. Before seeking information online, I had noticed the prominent grey disc featured upon their top, and figured this had some signifigance in my goal. However, I have been unable to find even the most casual mention of said feature, despite my most earnest investigation. I've heard tell of reflecting beams, severing propellers, abusing bombs, et cetera, yet nary a whisper of aforementioned grey skullcap. I'm beginning to suspect that my priorly trusted family members have trapped me, through some nefarious means, within a gaslit cage of their own design that is subtly yet firmly distinct from the reality that the rest of you inhabit.

I entreat whomeaver my tale inspires sympathy within to free me from my shackles of ignorance and enlighten me as to what the everloving hey-nonny-nonny this drab baldspot upon these uppity guardians signifies, 'cause I'll be damned if the answer can be found anywhere else within the outermost and utmost extents of existence.

In advance,
    'tanks bruh

User Info: ZantarV

ZantarV - 1 month ago
  2. As per all guardians aim for the eye.

User Info: KatarinaRPG

KatarinaRPG - 3 days ago

1. Using Magnesis on a metal box and hitting it against a skywatcher is a really easy way to kill them

User Info: Titanium_Salmon

Titanium_Salmon - 1 month ago 6   1
  2. That would rely on a metal object being present although there is no denying its effectiveness.

User Info: Super_cube

Super_cube - 1 month ago

Answers

1. So far as I can recall, it's simply part of their design and nothing more.

My preferred method for dispatching them is to use a multi-shot bow with bomb arrows aimed at the propellers. Depending on the bow, you can take one down in as little as 2-3 shots, so long as it isn't raining (in which case the bomb arrows will fizzle without exploding). Otherwise, I usually just ignore them, since their lasers are easy to avoid and they don't follow you around like the ground-based Guardians do.

User Info: CompilerCoyote

CompilerCoyote - 1 month ago 4   1
  2. Very true but at Hyrule Castle they can be a right pain in numbers and alongside the stationary ones. The bomb arrows do however provide the "cheapest" method if you are without Ancient arrows.

User Info: Super_cube

Super_cube - 1 month ago
  3. The grey disc isn't important. It's just there as part of the design.

User Info: Tippetarius

Tippetarius (Expert) - 1 month ago 2   0
  4. You can probably land on it and attack the propellers and make it fall but I personally like just shooting its main eye with an ancient arrow.

User Info: GalaxyChild

GalaxyChild (Expert) - 1 month ago 2   0
  5. That or ancient arrows is how I do it.

User Info: Naruto_fan_42

Naruto_fan_42 - 1 month ago
  6. My brother says it dies immediately if you hit the disc with an ancient arrow.

And he would never, ever screw with me for any reason

User Info: Naruto_fan_42

Naruto_fan_42 - 1 month ago 1   0
  7. They will indeed be dispatched with a good shot to the eye but I've never tried the other method.

User Info: Super_cube

Super_cube - 1 month ago
  8. Though I have never fought one, I'm pretty sure if they try shoot you with a laser use your shield and deflect it back to them. You may have to do this a couple times or just keep shooting them with bomb arrows 'til they explode.

User Info: mrtickles370

mrtickles370 - 1 month ago 1   1
  9. From experience, they are the hardest to dispatch by this method due to their hovering motion.

User Info: Super_cube

Super_cube - 1 month ago
  10. I had also been intrigued by said gray circle. However, further investigation revealed that the circle is not present solely on Skywatchers, but on all Guardian type enemies. However, the gray circle does serve one purpose if you dare to do so: if you land on top of the Skywatcher, the gray circle is a safe spot from most grounded projectiles, and most skywatchers in the vicinity will not hit you there either.

User Info: Dustfinger4268

Dustfinger4268 - 1 month ago 1   1
  11. Take an ancient arrow to the eye.

User Info: mrtickles370

mrtickles370 - 5 days ago 0   0
  12. A single arrow to the "eye" hanging down from them not only stuns them, but does damage. If all else fails, use an ancient arrow.

User Info: Captainfalcon34

Captainfalcon34 - 1 month ago 0   1