Finding the Master Sword/ "quest" missing?

1. Okay. Please bear with me. I don't play this game but my 8 year old special needs son does. If this sounds garbled, I apologize, it is the best I can get out of my son. He initially tried to get the Master Sword before he realized he didn't have enough hearts. He said there was a quest (Nintendo switch) for it that he was in, but he had to drop out because of the hearts issue. Now, a month later, and having all the required hearts, he says he "can't find the quest to get the master sword in his list of quests." He is really flipping out, thinking it is "gone forever." Can anyone please please please offer any insight as to how to find it again? Google searches brought me here. Thanks so very much in advance from a frazzled mama and distraught boy.

User Info: rangergrl

rangergrl - 1 year ago

1. Pause the game with the + button, and press ZL to go to the Adventure Log page. Under "Main Quests," look for "The Hero's Sword." It will give a detailed explanation of your progress in the quest, and selecting it will place a marker on the map for where you need to go.

User Info: IfOnlyForOnce

IfOnlyForOnce (Expert) - 1 year ago 0   0

1. Don't know why I thought of side quests ahead of main quests...my bad. Still, the directions are correct and the player was likely aware of them anyway due to knowing he was short of hearts.

To poster...hope your son continues to enjoy the game...feel free to return with any other questions.

User Info: Super_cube

Super_cube (Expert) - 1 year ago 0   0
  2. There are a few different categories under the quests list. Im pretty sure the master sword quest is under "main objective", but i might be wrong. You dont need to view the quest under he quest list to complete the quest though. Now that he has enough hearts, he should go to the korok forest (if he has activated the shrine there, he can teleport there, if he can't find it then he can open the map with -). Right in front of the biggest tree in the very center of the forest, the sword should be sitting in a sort of pedestal. All he has to do is run up to it and pull it out.

User Info: Pizzacat10

Pizzacat10 - 1 year ago 0   0
  3. There may well be a quest that involves use of the Master Sword but there is no specific one listed within the 76 official side quests. All your son has to do is go back to the Korok Village with his 13 hearts ( min ) and take out the MS from its pedestal. There are some items and shrines which he can get before the quest person or event appears...it's just a question of time before eventually finding them.

User Info: Super_cube

Super_cube (Expert) - 1 year ago 0   1