Horse stuck on rocks, how do I get him/her out?

1. I was trying to get the royal horse, but he fell onto steep rocks next to it's spawn location. I can't get him out because the cliff is too steep and it hasn't been registered yet.

User Info: Voobez1

Voobez1 - 3 years ago

1. If you are able to mount the horse, hold down the same trigger you'd use to shield, and it'll enter the horse into a sort of forced baby-steps mode. The horse will go anywhere you tell it to like this, albeit slowly.

User Info: Reposiric

Reposiric (Expert) - 3 years ago 31   3

Answers

1. This is soooo helpful! Whenever I would get my horse stuck I would always just kill it and have to respawn it through the Horse God in the Faron Region. I had no idea you could do this!

User Info: thyde28

thyde28 - 8 months ago 4   1
  2. when you get your horse stuck and you've registered it you can board it and un-board it. Or you can-with the ancient gear equipped-whistle for it.

User Info: dolphinleo

dolphinleo - 6 months ago
  3. Second answer is mostly correct... Using the left trigger, which brings out your shield AND will also walk your character sideways while looking ahead ("strafe") when using the directional joystick will make your horse believe in you in any situation! If you're on a cliff over water you can convince the horse to walk straight down rocks until it (and you) falls into the water, then it will swim to shore with you. Steep cliffs can actually be traversed with no fear of endangering either of you if they aren't vertical and too high if you freefall.

User Info: FlyingFinn

FlyingFinn - 3 years ago 7   5
  4. He should respawn in his original location once you leave the area and come back, though I think you'll have to tame him again.

User Info: whisperstar13

whisperstar13 (Expert) - 3 years ago 7   8
  5. call it to a stable by talking to the guy at the stand

User Info: AngryNacho

AngryNacho - 7 months ago 0   1
  6. You can't call unregistered horses.

User Info: Super_cube

Super_cube - 7 months ago
  7. Just press ZL (like you would on a shield) and the horse will take some small, precise steps. It works even if the horse is on a cliff but can't get out.

User Info: Linky17

Linky17 - 6 months ago 1   2