1. Guys I from UAE and have been playing smash on an UK account(I do this because e shop doesn't exist in UAE) and I want to buy the dlc (fighter pass) from a us account. Will I be able to play the dlc on my main UK account (if bought in us account) or do I have to buy the dlc In the same account as where I play the game? Btw this question applies to all game not just smash.

User Info: Bon12

Bon12 - 4 weeks ago

1. So this is a tricky question, because it depends on the game. Splatoon 2, for example, has 3 different versions (for NA, Japan, and EU) so buying the Octo Expansion from the Japanese e-shop will NOT work on the NA version of the same game. TLOZ: Breath of the Wild's DLC on the other hand, WILL work on all versions. So I recommend doing more research on which DLC's are "region-free".

User Info: Z6980

Z6980 (Expert) - 3 weeks ago 1   0
  2. Hmm thanks very helpful will do some more research but in your example you talked about buying botw, so if I buy botw in a different account will I be able to play on my main account , for example I buy botw in a Japanese account (for some reason) will I be able to play that same dlc on a different account.

User Info: Bon12

Bon12 - 3 weeks ago

1. technically yes, you have to buy the dlc from the same account because they're from different regions. If the game is european but the dlcs are from the us they won't work.

User Info: Chialuzza

Chialuzza - 4 weeks ago 1   0