Left joycon controller won't connect at all?

1. I've looked for answers, and tried them, and watched videos, but it won't work. I've tried syncing it, I've tried charging it, I've removed it and placed it back in, charged the switch on the dock. I've even disconnected all controllers through system settings, turned it off, and reconnected them (only the right one) after turning it back on. I'm hoping there's a solution somewhere that isn't buying a new controller... :(

User Info: Fenrisulfrr

Fenrisulfrr - 6 months ago
  2. I also want to add that I've updated them as well, but since it can only detect the right controller, only the right one was updated.

User Info: Fenrisulfrr

Fenrisulfrr - 6 months ago
  3. Does the left joycon not work only when attached to the Switch, or does it not work in any mode?

User Info: BanjoDude98

BanjoDude98 - 6 months ago
  4. Joycon doesn't work in any mode at all.

User Info: Fenrisulfrr

Fenrisulfrr - 6 months ago
  5. Now that it is dark, I have also found that when I press the sync button, the lights on the inside will very faintly flicker for a split second, but nothing more. Cleaning did not work, it wasn't synced at all, and the Switch was completely charged. There was not really any built up dust after swabbing and cleaning it over several times. >_>

User Info: Fenrisulfrr

Fenrisulfrr - 6 months ago

1. Just gonna answer my own question.
    Thanks for all the help everyone, but it looks like my board is broken in my left joycon! My warranty ran out, so I'm just going to buy a new controller from GameStop. :-)

User Info: Fenrisulfrr

Fenrisulfrr - 5 months ago 0   0

1. There may be dust in the rail and the battery's dead. I'd blow where the connections are upside down, may want to inspect with a magnifying glass for lint, dust.

User Info: Kovatch

Kovatch - 6 months ago 0   0
  2. Since you say it doesn't work in any mode, I would start by taking a q-tip with rubbing alcohol and cleaning the copper contacts both on the side of the controller and on the side of the machine (this is safe to do as rubbing alcohol is non-conductive and is good for cleaning dust, foreign debris and light corrosion off of electronics).

Once you have ensured they are clean, reconnect the joycon and place the Switch in the dock to let them charge.

User Info: BanjoDude98

BanjoDude98 (Expert) - 6 months ago 0   0
  3. Is your warranty still good? Because if cleaning the connectors on the Joy Con with a q tip and compressed Aor doesn't work, looks like it's a trip to Nintendo. They'll be able to fix it and have it back in a week

User Info: yakarot

yakarot - 6 months ago 0   0