1. A few days ago my dog slobbered all over one of my joy cons, and now the buttons make abnormally loud clicking noises and stick after they haven't been pressed for a while. Later, someone spilled their drink and some of it got on the other joy con. They still work, but it's incredibly annoying how the buttons stick and click so loudly.

I've read some things about putting rubbing alcohol on a q-tip and rubbing around the button or wiping it with a damp cloth, but those tips were for Xbox controllers and such, and seeing as how joy cons never really "turn off", I'm scared that I might just break the joy cons all together. Any help?

User Info: FrhyedEhgz

FrhyedEhgz - 1 year ago

1. The tip about the rubbing alcohol should work the same for any controller, including the Switch joy cons. You may need to repeat the process a few times to do much good, depending on just how much of the drink was spilled onto the joy con.

After you are satisfied that you have the joy cons as clean as you can get them you might try using a different cotton swab with a drop of machine oil (WD-40 might work as well) or a short-quick spray of silicon spray.

The key, and the problem, is that you need to use small amounts and do a little at a time. It is not a quick fix, but you don't want to void any warranty by taking it apart and trying to clean the pieces in basically the same manner.

The other option is to return to Nintendo for repair, or an authorized dealer. Good luck!

User Info: chaoyun2k

chaoyun2k (Expert) - 1 year ago 1   0