Ok. so i was playing on my switch for a bit last night and the battery got down to 72%. i turned it off and put it on the dock to charge, yet when i powered it up this morning, the battery level was still saying 72%. the joy-cons where fully charged and the system/dock is getting power from the outlet. anyone know why this is happening? kirotyn - 2 years ago
I tried the methods that you mentioned and unfortunatly none of them worked. i did have my switch drop to 0% battery and then charged it, but it only went up to 73% and hasnt gone above that. looks like its time to contact nintendo kirotyn - 2 years ago
Top Voted Answer
There are a couple of possibilities. I've seen a number of complaints about the display and this may be like those where the display just needs to be 'cycled' by turning off the console for about 5 minutes and then turning it back on to see if the display changed (sometimes it does).
Another possibility is that the console is designed to help extend battery life and it sometimes needs to be fully discharged before charging. In other words, to make the battery last longer the console doesn't charge until the battery is below a certain percentage.
There was a suggested procedure that you might try if you think the battery isn't recharging correctly:
1) Power cycle the console (hold the power button for 15 seconds).
2) Then turn it back on by pressing the power button.
3) Plug it in to your charger then power it off again by holding the power button for 15 seconds. [You have to plug it in BEFORE you turn it back off, because if you plug it in when it's off the console will just power back on thus preventing the next step.]
4) Wait about 15-20 minutes with the unit plugged in but turned OFF.
5) After the 15-20 minutes, turn it back on and it should be back to normal.
There is always the possibility that the battery is defective, but in those cases the only solution is to return for repair or replacement. Try the other suggestions first and see if either of those help.
Good luck! chaoyun2k (Expert) - 2 years ago
Answer this Question
More Questions from This Game
|Switch battery issue?||Answered|
|Switch Battery care?||Answered|
|My Nintendo Switch battery indicator displays random percentage. Is there a way to fix it?||Answered|
|Nyko Nintendo Switch docking set or Kacosata Switch Mini dock, which to buy?||Answered|
|about charging ?||Answered|