The Nintendo Switch can't connect to wifi?

1. My nintendo switch wont connect to my network or any others. It also rarley even detects them. I have tried all the solutions and know it is not a wifi issue because my brother has the switch and his can find and use our wifi perfectly fine. It is not location based I have tried moving the switch right next to the router and it still couldnt find it. Idk what to do I have tried every sollution i have found. The only thing I havent done is reset it but im starting to think it might be a hardware issue because I also experienced lots of crashing the first day I used it. I know of recovery mode but I dont want to try it because even though it says it can keep data i am still worried and would hate to restart zelda. And with there being no way to transfer data its not like I could do anything even if it is a hardware thing. I feel that if i call nintendo support they will want me to send it in and then just sned me a new one which seems like a waste of time and I would still lose my progress. I really have no idea what to do, and it would be great if someone could help even just a little bit

User Info: benp666

benp666 - 2 years ago
  2. I forgot to mention this but it did work before. I was able to purchase games I even did it when the games voez ans waku waku 7 launched

User Info: benp666

benp666 - 2 years ago

1. Sadly, you've already experienced crashes and have had trouble from the start, it isn't going to magically get better. The longer you wait to try the reset the less likely it will work, and the more reason you will have to not do the reset. The same with returning to Nintendo, but at least they are usually able to save you data. In short take the lesser of two evils and call Nintendo to fix the problem or get a replacement. Delaying only makes it worse, Good luck.

User Info: chaoyun2k

chaoyun2k (Expert) - 2 years ago 3   0

Answers

1. @chaoyun2k. I see that your answer is probably the most logical one out there but personaly I think it might be better to wait at least a while. Im not talking very long but just until I beat zelda. This is because the crashes I was having did get fixed with the software update and there is potential for a wifi issue which I have seen others have, getting fixed too. Maybe i'm being to hopeful but sending it in, if it still is broken, wouldn't matter as much to me if I have beat zelda because the next big game doesn't come out for a while and I can wait on the other stuff I own. Also once I have finished it losing save data would be less devastating because I wouldnt have to replay over half of the game.

User Info: benp666

benp666 - 2 years ago 0   0