Why do I have a black and white screen?

1. Can anyone explain why my SNES only displays in black and white on a color television? I've checked cables, cartridge contacts, 3-4 switch, and tried different televisions. I've used both RF and AVI connections and gotten same result. Thanks.

User Info: firefighter1560

firefighter1560 - 8 years ago

1. I had the same problem with mine, but eventually it fixed itself. I think it was a problem with the cable output.

User Info: skulblaka71

skulblaka71 - 8 years ago 2   0

Answers

1. I don't know much about technical problems for the SNES, but knowing that you tried everything that seemed possible to resolve this problem, I think that your console is out of function, so you'd have to buy a new one or play on an emulator. And there are very good emulators, like zsnes or bsnes which both have a very accurate emulation, or snes9x and snesGT which have better sound emulation. Just search them on google to get the last version.

User Info: Mistralet

Mistralet - 8 years ago 0   0
  2. It may well be down to the Television set and if you're using an imported SNES.

For example, on old PAL TV sets, a NTSC signal will appear in black & white, and on even older ones, you'll only get a severe flicker that's got nowhere near enough detail for you to know what's on screen never mind play.

User Info: Gunbladelad

Gunbladelad - 8 years ago 0   0