Review by liquidSeks

Reviewed: 11/29/07

Uniracers? Where's the clowns?

Just a quick review brought to you by me, Uniracers one of the most unique games out there in the world, I’m sure when this first came out everyone had doubts about it, like who would actually want to play a game about unicycles.

The Story is kind of cheesy and really has no point but here it is, pretty much some vast powerful being was bored and created them in some kind of universe. The Uniracers are alive (I thought they required a human to move, guess not). These Uniracers are supposed to be the most fast powerful racers of them all.

Well, here we are many years later, and this is still one fun game, even if its not for hours and hours, its good for a good laugh once and awhile.

Pretty much the gist of this game is you have a bunch of colorful loops and bends and traps, and you got to race other unicycles, it’s pretty much your typical racing game I guess you could say, except for the traps. There is 16 Racers you can choose from, and each level has its own twist. Each racer you can name as you want, and you can have up to 16 saves given you chance to try each one.

You also get rated on different tricks you do, which help you along the race as well, and then your being timed, that gives this game replay ability with always trying to beat your old scores getting better and better times. Each time you get better scores you can unlock new levels as well, so it will keep you busy for awhile. Few levels as well are mainly for stunts only.

The songs aren’t anything epic but they suit the game well. Controls are easy to catch onto to; it’s really a game everyone can enjoy, so in my opinion my final thought is…

Final Thought~
Game Play: 9
Story: 5
Graphics: 8
Sound: 7
Game Length: 8
Replay Value: 10
Rent or Buy?
I’m pretty sure you’ll never see this game for rent again, so once again buy it. It is a classic that you can enjoy for a long time play it one day forget it the next but then you’ll pick it up and be like I remember this game, and play it again. And then the cycle shall start, when you’re tired of playing those complicated racing games and want something just to relax with and have a good laugh, this game will be your one.

Product Release: Uniracers (US, 12/31/94)