Review by The Lone Duck

Reviewed: 11/01/99 | Updated: 11/01/99

The very first polygon based game!! You thought Sta Fox 64 was hard?

The one thing I have problems with for Star Fox 64 is the lack of challenge. I mean, it just isn't that hard once you get the hang of it. The original though... heheheheheheheheee...

Graphics: 9

Now there's a lot of pop-up, almost no detailed textures, why sometimes, they use wire-frames. However, back then all of this didn't matter. Sure it looked screwed up, but it looked good screwed up. By the way, if you disagree with me, write a review!! We need more anyways!

Sound: 8

This is for how cool Falco sounds. Not like some little 17 year old, naw, this guy has that deep throat sound.... or something like that. Music can be good. A lot more mature than the sequel. Man, I wish Star Fox 2 came out in America!!

Story: 9

Same as the sequel, except they don't mention his dad. Also the game itself doesn't introduce you too well, so if you don't have the instructions, things are confused at first.

Gameplay: 10

When I played this as it first came out, I was renting/playing it at Sears. I could never get past the first boss... excpet once and that was an accident. However, as I played it again, it was easy... well, I was on the easiest path, which there are only three fully set pathes. Also there are a few minor difference. Instead of snow filled, Fortuna is dinosaur filled. Instead of industrious, Macbeth is like a volcano level. Titania is a desert world. Also, forget about the tank and sub-marine. This is all arial work. Also, instead of flying around giant ships, you get to fly inside them and shoot the core reactors. Unfortunately, multi-player mode is non existant. However, Slippy coraks like a real man, and he's better at keeping guys off his tail.

Overall: 9

This game was amazing. Viva le StarFox! If you can find it at Funcoland, a notoriously cheap store with a reasonable stock, get it! They charge 7 bucks for this classic!!