Review by Death Eating Man

Reviewed: 06/26/01 | Updated: 06/26/01

If Foxes were this good at flying, they should be in the Air Force!

It's the first SuperFX chip game for SNES and it went out faster than a can of Pepsi on a hot day in Miami. So here. Let me tell you about this game.

Gameplay-
This is a really exiting game. It has three difficulty levels. 1, 2,and 3 each with different planets, asteroid belts, and sectors in space. Some with the same name, different look. I has a lot of playing modes like first person perspective! Even some secret levels. And the bosses come in all shapes and sizes. Each with their own special attack that will make you go mad and hurdle into oblivion! You even get to fight a slot machine as one of the bosses. All of them fun to kick the stuffing out of! You get to choose one of the four control types. One of them has to suit your needs. 10/10

Story-
Well. Basically you and 3 of your other members, a rabbit, a frog, and a falcon, are out to destroy the evil Andross. There's no real story they tell you in any part of the game so this one lacks the game pretty hard if you know what I mean. 3/10

Audio/Video-
Yes! One of the best parts of the game. The music really puts the mood of the game and the levels. People like me just can't win any game without the right music to motivate us. A lot of the music is techno so I warn the Techno hating people out there. The Graphics are very great back in that era. This game really show the greatness and durability of Polygon Power! This kind of power is needed with every flight sim.! 9/10

Replay Value-
There are a lot of secrets that took me months to uncover. Secret levels that I didn't know existed! Plus the difficulty levels add to the Replay Value. To really beat the game you must play every level in every difficulty level and getting 100 percent with every character unharmed in every level. Pretty hard huh? Well. You just need flight skill, able to read the messages on the bottom of the screen, while helping your teammates take down some enemies with correct accuracy. It isn't as hard as it looks. You just need those skills and A LOT of luck! 10/10

Buy or Rent?-
A definite buy! This game deserves a place on your greatest video game classics shelf. The game is pretty cheap now so if you didn't get a chance to buy it before because of crowds like I did. The time is now to get it! It will provide you with the most fun you could ever have than a barrel of monkeys! 9/10

Hope this review was helpful to you people. Star Fox for SNES is one of the greats of video game history. Don't leave home without beating it!