How can i know what items do?

1. i don't know if this is a problem with my copy or if its something i'm not doing right but how am i supposed to know what my items do, i have some petals a nectar and a dog biscuit i imagine the dog biscuit is to heal my dog but i don't know how much it is, and i don't know what the nectar does since i haven't used it for fear of wasting it i know my petals heal since i used them out of desperation when i was about to die but since i'm just starting it overhealed me, is there a way to know what every item does? is it something i'm missing, is it just my copy that's buggy or do i just have to google it for each one?

User Info: Nikopteros

Nikopteros - 1 month ago

1. Petal: restore 50 HP
    Pixie Dust: if your characters lose all their HP they will be revived once.
    Essence: remove any status-changing spells such as Plague or Poison inflicted on either hero.
    Nectar: restore 150 HP
    Honey: restore all of either the boy or the dog's HP.
    Dog Biscuit: fully restore all of the dog's HP when his energy reaches zero.
    Wings: teleport the boy and the dog back outside the dungeon.
    Call Bead: call up a special character to use a certain formula spell.

User Info: raonn

raonn - 1 month ago 2   0