Review by Kirby58

Reviewed: 06/07/04

A fun platformer/shooter, but nothing special

Intro:
Judge Dredd is one of those games that you find fun, yet annoyingly hard and unbeatable. Read on.

This game had a few unique gameplay functions, but besides those, really didn't have anything special. You can get about six or seven different weapons, along with your regular pistol. One cool thing about this game is that you also get five different close range combat moves, varying from a punch to a head-but. Another interesting thing in this game is that you have the ability to arrest people. I know, it might not seem like much, but its cool. You get their ammo, and any money they had on hand. Plus, its cool to see them go away on the floaty thingy.

It is the future, year 20XX, and crime is raising to never before seen levels. The police can't handle it, and the judges are having a hard time. They police and the judges fuse to form the Judges. You are one such Judge, with all the power in your hands. You can kill, or you can arrest, your choice.

Music: 7/10
Pretty good, I liked it well enough, but it gets old after awhile.

I liked it. The guns all have their own unique sound, and the close range combat moves sound pretty cool.

Challenge: 6/10
This game is actually too hard. I can't get past the fourth stage, and I am an avid gamer. I've actually been trying to get past that level for awhile now. Anyway, this game isn't for you average gamer, you have to be really good to succeed in this game.

Replay Value: 6/10
It's replay value would have been a lot higher if the challenge would have been dumbed down a little bit. I would play it a lot oftener if I could get past the fourth stage. Ah well, I guess everyone needs a hard game once in awhile.

Buy or Rent:
If you can find this game to rent, definitely try that first. If you like it, spend the fifteen dollars to buy it on EBay, it will be worth it.

Final Score: 7
Wow, a perfect seven. That doesn't happen often. Thanks for reading this review, and I hope it has helped.