Review by Ofisil

Reviewed: 08/15/13

Final Boredom

Final Fight 3 is the third installment of a series of side-scrolling fighting games that somehow became very popular. I personally hate them… and the only reason I’ve played them and written reviews for them is #1 because I wanted to state a different opinion than most people, #2 Help you avoid playing it and #3 because I am a masochist. This game doesn’t really change anything from the previous ones. It’s the same old extremely boring, repetitive and non-innovative piece of junk.

Story: N/A

Metro city is peaceful, blah, blah, blah, something suddenly happens, yada, yada, yada, fight bad guys and kill the boss… the end.

Replay Value: 0/10

Once again the game is all about moving forward and beat the crap of various goons. Fighting in this game is a bore for many different reasons. #1 There are about 8 types of enemies and only half of them stand out and when I say stand out I mean that they don’t just stand there waiting for you. You’ll have to fight a LOT of these guys, something that becomes very repetitive. #2 the available moves are very few and boring. A punch and a throw, a jump kick and a running attack and finally a special move which does more damage but doesn’t really make things any better in terms of fun and leaves you very open to attacks. #3 We have 4 available characters that don’t really have any great differences, but even if they did the game is so freaking boring that it doesn’t really matter! Each level is the same deal. Go right, punch baddies, fight a boss. Playing with a friend is a tad better but the fun will last only for one playthrough.

Graphics: 6.8/10
Design: 5/10
Music: 5/10

Sure, at first the graphics of the game look better. The character design is smoother and almost resembles the quality of Street Fighter 2… but after a while you’ll realize that like the gameplay, everything is uninteresting and extremely boring and repetitive. As I’ve said the main characters look good, although two of the men’s bodies are a tad too exaggerated. The rest of the crew though consists of million clones of boring looking enemies and the bosses are more ridiculous than intimidating. Finally levels are not only boring but they are almost identical to the ones in the previous games… a neighborhood, a subway station\train, a city at night, a mansion… Music & Sound wise things remain the same, typical, boring and forgettable but at least not irritating.

b>[+]:
-…

[-]:
-Extremely repetitive gameplay
-Boring looking levels\enemies and forgettable music

Also Play:
Double Dragon (NES)
River City Ransom (NES)
Ninja Warriors (SNES)

So this is it! The final nail in the coffin called Final Fight. I know that there are a lot of people out there that disagree but I wanted to state my opinion… and remember it’s not because this kind of gameplay is not my cup of tea, (I loved Ninja Warriors), but because it is BOOORIIING!!!

Rating:   2.0 - Poor

Product Release: Final Fight 3 (US, 01/31/96)