Review by bruceleesmaster

Reviewed: 01/05/06

What a great series missed by so many people...

I first found out about Fire Emblem after playing Super Smash Bros. Melee. I wanted to know who these mysterious Roy and Marth characters were and why they were put in this game. I soon found out they were from the series Fire Emblem, later to find out these games were only released in Japan. After getting back into emulators again I looked for this game not knowing if I would like it or even what it was about. After playing it I realized it was like Advance Wars, only better.

All of the story's in Fire Emblem are all pretty similar so this rating is for pretty much all story plots in the series since they are so similar. The story consists of good and bad guys (you are the good guys) and you have to beat the bad guys to get to the next level. Throughout the game they are usually alot of plot twists along the way. What I do not like about the story is the usually tedious dialog which is not needed to play this game. It would be great if there was an option to just skip the dialog parts, but it's not that big of a deal anyways so it is all good.

Visuals: 8/10

You can't rate these visuals based on current-gen games since they were made so very long ago. And graphics were also not very important at the time, developers were more focused on good gameplay. But I think the visuals definitely get the job done and don't leave much to the imagination

Music: 9/10

I enjoy the music very much in this game. What I like about it is how it gets you into the battle and makes you feel like a part of the game.

Now gameplay doesn't get much better than this in a strategy game. I don't know what it is about it but the gameplay always keeps me coming back for more. The reason why I don't understand this is because of how basic it is and much doesn't change for game to game. But I love the gameplay and everything about it.

I'm sorry this isn't a very good review. I haven't played this game in awhile so I can't remember much about it. I just wanted to write a review so I decided to pick this game. But what I do remember is that I like this game very much. I know that emulators and roms are illegal, but I think you should definitely check this game out, especially if you haven't played the series before because you are missing a truly great game if you haven't.