Review by StandardGFAQer

Reviewed: 12/18/08

Fun, but way too easy

I just got this game on Monday. First thing I did was set the difficulty to hard, and started the "industen" level.

The game is set up where you can select your level by moving the "sky palace" around to different areas. An angel will tell you what's going on, and then you're on your way.

The game is definitely fun to play, especially if you're in to the sidescroller/oldschool type of games, the only problem is how dreadfully easy it is. It gets boring, to a point. Throughout the first 11 levels I never took damage once, and that's playing on hard mode. Level twelve I messed up and took damage, and from then on I never took damage.

The graphics are ahead of their time and the gameplay is smooth, the controls are easy to learn and work well. It has an Oscar worthy storyline that will make you want to keep playing until the bitter...heartbreaking...end. The storyline is probably the best I have seen in an SNES game.

In conclusion, this game would be much better if they added some challenge to it, however for the average gamer that wants to go back and play games on the SNES, I would recommend picking this up and giving it a shot, you'll enjoy your time.

Product Release: ActRaiser 2 (US, 11/30/93)