Sega CDX broken power cable ?

1. I recently bought a Sega CDX. I got it cheap, because the metal tip of the power cable (the part that you plug into the console) is broken. I'm wonderign is it possible to repair or to replace it ?

User Info: megaman960

megaman960 - 12 years ago

1. It uses the same adapter as the Genesis 2, which can easily be found on Ebay.

User Info: SupersaiyanUrn

SupersaiyanUrn - 10 years ago 2   0

Answers

1. You may have to do a little bit of searching but it shouldn't be too hard to find a replacement power cable.

User Info: Queso

Queso - 12 years ago 0   1
  2. If you have decent soldering/wiring skills, you could transplant the tip of a Sega Genesis II/32X/Game Gear/Nomad/Genesis 3 power supply onto the end of the CDX PSU. New CDX PSUs actually are pretty hard/expensive to find, because they were fairly non-standard and only came with the CDX and Wondermega; so it would probably be best to try and fix the one you have.
    You can use a PSOne (the small one) power adapter, and it will work perfectly, but it doesn't quite fit in the CDX port and may need to be held down.

User Info: Tornado_2

Tornado_2 - 12 years ago 0   1