Review by Truck_1_0_1_

Reviewed: 04/24/06 | Updated: 09/11/09

(In Freaky Cool Japanese Voice) SEGA!!!!!!!! MANX TT SUPERBIKE!!!!!

Heh, what a game. When I first got this game, it was from my uncle, and for Christmas 2000. I played it, and immediately put it down because I couldn't understand the controls. Then when I picked it up again 3 months later, I realised that I could change the view, and everything became clearer (no pun intended)! Game play will be first.

Game play: 7/10

This game is very hard to play with. Firstly, when you turn, if you hold it too long, you will crash, If you hold it too short, then you will still crash. The turning in this game must be impeccable, otherwise you will crash 8/10 times. A plus side on that note is that you can get the turning down in a little over ten minutes. Other than that, the game play is pretty good. 5 modes, each with their own different options, and there are A LOT of bikes to choose from (excluding the ones you can unlock). Story is next. No surprises here.

Story: Not applicable

Being a racing game, it has no story (duh). On to Graphics.

This is not the Saturn at its finest, however it isn't horrible either. The bikes and the drivers all look very good, and the backgrounds have quite a lot of depth to them. The speedometer and other little gadgets here and there are ok, and they are placed ok also. Sound will be next.

Probably the best part of this game. The music is great, with great instrumental tracks throughout. If you enable sheep mode, you get a deranged version of, "Mary Had a Little Lamb," and it is hilarious. The sounds are also good, and typical of a motorcycle game. When sheep mode is enabled, you will get various humorous sounds replacing the normal sounds of the bike (instead of an engine, there is the sound of feet walking). Great great great, on to replay ability.

Replay ability: 7/10

In my house, the replay ability for this game would be 10/10, however for the casual gamer, it will probably be 7/10. There is one mode you unlock in Saturn mode called Super bike Mode, which is challenging to say the least. You can also race with friends/family as much as you please, and if it is like my house, you will never tire of this game.

Buy or rent?

Funnily enough, I have seen this game for rent once, thus it makes it the first game I have ever reviewed which (to my knowledge anyways) can be rented. Racing nuts who have a Saturn should absolutely buy this game because it is a great buy, and a lot of fun.

This game is a true bundle of fun, and I will never tire of it. Hearing and watching the sheep race each other is just too funny to pass up. Also showing the sheep off to friends and family makes them laugh, thus I will keep playing this game forever and ever. "Three... Two... One.... GOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Product Release: Manx TT Super Bike (US, 06/30/97)