Table of Contents
- Redmont, Humble Trading Town
- Tigray Quarry, Source of Raval Ore
- Illburns Ruins, Ancient Pagan Site
- Zone of Lava, the Escapeless Abyss
- SIDE QUEST 1: Finding Christof
- SIDE QUEST 2: Treasures to obtain using the Wind-Glide
- Abandoned Mine, The Depths of Madness
- SIDE QUEST 3: Anya's Game
- SIDE QUEST 4: Finding Elena
- SIDE QUEST 5: Treasures to obtain using the Double-Jump
- Elderm Mountains, Largely Undisturbed By Man
- SIDE QUEST 6: Treasures to obtain using the Earth-Charge
- SIDE QUEST 7: Hugo, Antonio, and Randolph
- Icebound Cave, A Stillness Broken
- Valestein Castle, Count McGuire's Stronghold
- Clock Tower, Time To Die
- Genos Island, The Beginning of the End
- Dark Shrine, Where The Restless Dwell
- Seat of Evil, All Paths Converge
- New Game+
- New Game Bonuses
- Time Attack
- Steam Achievements
- Travel Monument Locations
- Equipment List
- Upgrade Chart
- Item List
- Character Log
- Monster Log / Bestiary
- Diary (Plot Synopsis)
- FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Version History
- Copyright / Disclaimer / Credits
Adol: Level 23
The boss has two forms, starting out as a worm. The worm isn't too much of a threat; charge up your wind attacks and unleash a couple on it, striking it with your sword when you get a chance as well, and its HP should drop in half before you know it, then the real battle will begin as the worm dies, and the crystalline entity will starts its onslaught! This monster has several attacks:
- It will fly away and drop explosive gems; since they're explosive, stay away from them!
- It will shoot balls of light at you, which seem harmless... until they explode at sets of four at you; try to jump and hover over them until they are past you.
- It will shoot fast balls of light at you repeatedly; try to jump and hover over them until they stop.
- Its shield will turn pink and spread away from its body, firing pink lasers at you; run in towards it and hit it with a charged wind attack.
- Its shield will grow and develop a clear force field; stay away from it, as it'll damage you.
The only time you'll be able to do any real damage to it is when the crystal turns pink and starts floating away from the body; run in with a charged wind attack and release to try to do some major damage in the little time you have to attack it before it's guarded again. If you don't have time to charge it, just use a regular wind attack and get some damage in to it. Otherwise, you can try to sneak up behind it while it's green and try to damage it from back there.
After the battle, you'll receive the Darkness Statue. There's nothing left to do here, so Warp back to Redmont.
Back in Redmont, head to Edgar's House to let him know what's going on, and to learn more about transpiring events and our next destination.
That's actually it for Redmont... You can continue the story now, but there's more to do here regarding Anya, Hugo, Randolph, and Elena (see below), but they deserve their own section.
|__||Raval Ore x20||Raval Ore|
|__||Raval Ore x10||Raval Ore|
|__||Raval Ore x10||Raval Ore|
|__||Raval Ore x10||Raval Ore||Grand Total: Raval Ore x50|
Make your way toward the Church, talking to Anya just outside of it; she'll want you to play a game with her. Agree, and she'll tell you that you need to find four stashes of 'richstuff'... if you ask her again, she'll tell you two are outside, and two are inside.
- For the first, go into the Church, climb the ladder to your right, then walk along the pathway up top to reach Raval Ore x20 on top of the pillar here.
- For the second, go down the stairs to the right of the Church and check beside the pikkard pen to find Raval Ore x10. (Make sure to talk to Hugo while you're here; he'll mention a Berm Leaf in the Elderm Mountains that he needs, so we'll need to remember that for later.)
- For the third, make your way to the left of the Church to Elena's House, but instead of going inside, check the grassy area to the right of it to find Raval Ore x10.
- For the fourth and last, make your way to the Inn and look behind the counter to find the last of the 'richstuff', Raval Ore x10. (Make sure to talk to Randolph now, as he'll mention that he lost a ring, so that's something else we'll need to remember for later. )
Go back to outside the Church and talk to Anya once more, who'll give you all of the Raval you found as a gift! Nice, we'll take it!
You'll obtain the Proficient Plunderer Achievement by playing and completing Anya's game!
That's it for Redmont for now, but again, before proceeding with the story, there's more to do. If you didn't see Elena in town, it's because she's wandered off somewhere, so let's go find her.
Warp to Valestein Castle, then head back south to the fork with the stairs going down; make your way down them to the next area to arrive at where you and Dogi first landed. Elena will be waiting here, so talk to her to have a scene, and once it's over, she'll follow you as Christof did earlier. Now, you need to escort her ALL THE WAY BACK to Redmont without her getting killed, so take extra care and head off to the World Map, killing monsters as quickly as you can as you move south back to Redmont, taking all of the southern paths until you are back to familiar territory.
You can trap Elena here. Adol, you sick...
To get the Legacy Pervert Achievement, you'll need to get Elena's measurements before returning to Redmont. When you come close to the Travel Monument just outside of town, walk toward her and pin her up against the left side of the monument, then "examine" her, pushing up against her until you get the Achievement. Dirty Adol....
Also, you can obtain the Forever Alone Achievement by completing this quest once on each difficulty level.
There are no other rewards, but you get to learn more about Elena by doing this, so it's worth seeing. Now that we have the double-jump ability, there's more treasure that we can get, so let's go get it.
|__||800 Gold||Gold||Grand Total: 2000 Gold|
There are two places so far in the game that we haven't been able to get a treasure because it was too high and we couldn't wind-glide over to it, and they are the Tigray Quarry and the Zone of Lava.
- Warp to the Storehouse of the Tigray Quarry, then go right to the screen with the vertical shaft and several bridges; climb all the way up the right side, then double-jump up to the platform here. Jump to the upper left from there and smash and urn to the left to find 1200 Gold!
- Warp to the Topside of the Illburns Ruins to be at the last Travel Monument in the Zone of Lava. Leave to the west, and at the first fork you come to, head north; smash the urn for 800 Gold, then continue north and west into a cave. Double-jump up to the platform and open the chest for another Katol Elixir you can use to increase your Max HP!
That's finally it for extras, so when you're ready, either walk or Warp to the Elderm Mountains, which are north and west of the Illburns Ruins.
|__||Travel Monument||Save Point||Location: (Base)|
|__||Travel Monument||Save Point||Location: (Midpoint)|
|__||Travel Monument||Save Point||Location: (Within)|
|__||Travel Monument||Save Point||Location: (Ice Caves)|
|__||Raval Ore x90||Raval Ore|
|__||Raval Ore x50||Raval Ore|
|__||Raval Ore x70||Raval Ore|
|__||Raval Ore x40||Raval Ore|
|__||Raval Ore x140||Raval Ore|
|__||Raval Ore x120||Raval Ore|
|__||Raval Ore x140||Raval Ore||Grand Total: Raval Ore x650|
|__||2500 Gold||Gold||Grand Total: 19400 Gold|
|__||Ligaty, The Three Flying Succubi||71/79||BOSS #07 Strategy|
The Berm Leaves are barely in sight.
From the Travel Monument, just double-jump up to your left and follow the path to be in the actual Elderm Mountains. (I LOVE the music here, especially the intro. AWESOME!!!) Make your way east, then north and east some more to the next area. Hop up to the east, then go up and double-jump up to the platform on the left. If you look carefully, there's a small, less-than-noticeable alcove tucked away to your north, where you'll find the first of a set of Berm Leaves that you need for Hugo back in town. Continue west while jumping over the gaps, then as the path turns east, look for an area that you can physically head down at (just after the last gap you jump, but before going right to the next area); you'll land beside an urn containing 800 Gold, as well as a chest to your right with Raval Ore x90!
This is REALLY easy to pass by; drop down here.
Drop down again from here, then retrace your steps back west to where you were, then head east to the next area. Make your way east, and when you reach a fork, continue east and jump up to the ledge here to crack open the urn here for 1000 Gold, then go north and into the cavern. Continue north to the next part of the cave, then head east, following the path to a hole in the ground. Go ahead and drop down into it, where you'll land beside an urn with 1600 Gold. Drop down from here and make your way back to the hole, then jump up to the path to the northeast. You'll come across a rock enemy coming out of the ground called an Ilba (Shell); try to either barrage it with regular fireballs, or send charged fireballs its way while avoiding its attacks.
Another easy one to miss.
At this fork, you'll want to continue right first, where you'll find an area with an icy floor with several of these Ilbas; be careful not to get slaughtered here. If you stay alive, you can open a chest for Raval Ore x50. Once you have that, head back west to the fork, then continue west to yet another fork. Head west first, grabbing the second of four Berm Leaves for Hugo (in plain sight this time), then continue east and along the path, hopping several platforms to the next area. Go west, then jump the gap to turn east when needed. After you jump that gap to the east, you should see an area to your upper left; once you're at the highest point of the ground in that area, you should be able to double-jump to your left and land up there to open the chest containing Raval Ore x70.
Head to your right, but before going north, notice the ice and Berm Leaves to your right; jump up and fire some fireballs over there to get rid of the ice, then collect your third set of Berm Leaves. Now head north to the next area, following the path to the next area after that. As you climb along the path here, you should see an area to your bottom right with a chest; you can't access that quite yet, but just to your top left from there, you should see an urn to your left that you can't reach. If you jump up to the area just to the right of the trees there, you should be able to walk to the left behind them to reach the urn and crack it open for 2000 Gold!
The hidden path behind the trees.
Just to your right of where you just were, you'll be at a fork; instead of jumping up the nearby platform, head east and drop down from there to reach the chest we saw earlier for Raval Ore x40. Make your way back and ascend the platforms, following the path to the next area. You'll eventually come to the Travel Monument; save here, then make your way east to the next area, where you'll hop up some platforms before encountering the first boss of the Elderm Mountains.
Adol: Level 27
Well for starters, it's actually a set of three enemies, so this ought to be fun! The red harpy's weakness is fire, the green harpy's weakness is wind, and the blue harpy's is the sword; fire will not hurt the blue and green harpy, and wind will not hurt the blue and red harpy. Technically, the sword works against all three of them, but it works best against the blue. Also know that they get stronger each time one of them dies, so you'll want to try to distribute damage evenly to them; they all share the same HP, so if you divide their HP by 3, you'll have the individual HP amount, so try to stay near that without killing them so you can take all three out within seconds of each other.
Now that you know how to go about attacking them, you'll need to watch out for their attacks:
- They'll shoot projectiles at you; jump to avoid them.
- The blue one will shoot tracking projectiles at you; run away from them after they're shot.
- The green one will spin-charge you; try to jump over it as it's about to hit.
- The red one will dive-bomb you; just run away from it.
- All three will fly up together, then proceed to sing, which causes a large circle of musical notes to damage you; just stay near the edge of the screen and jump over the notes as they come, then attack when they stop.
When they're down to just two enemies, they'll have different attacks:
- They'll spin and throw musical notes out in a circular range away from them; jump over and attack a couple times before they do it again.
- They'll jump in the air and REALLY dive-bomb you, exploding when they land; they do this four times, so run and jump away as they're diving to avoid it, then attack once they've landed the fourth hit.
When you're finally down to the last one, it'll seem like it's going berserk, trying to land these attacks:
- It'll spin and throw musical notes in a circular range away from them, but MANY more notes will come out; try to double-jump to avoid them.
- It'll jump in the air and REALLY dive-bomb you, exploding when it lands, but just once; run and jump away to avoid it.
- The blue one will shoot MAJOR tracking projectiles at you, possibly several times in a row; run away from them after they're shot, and keep running.
- The green one will REALLY spin-charge you, possibly several times in a row; try to jump over it as it's about to hit.
- The red one will shoot sets of three projectiles at you, possibly several times in a row; try to maneuver between them or double-jump over them.
As I said before, just try to whittle each of their HP's down to the lowest amount without killing them, that way you can take out all three in a matter of seconds so they can't go berserk on you.
When you regain control, head east to the next area, then continue east to the area after that. You'll come to a wide open area, as well as a small cabin; enter the cabin to meet Berhardt! After the events here are over, you'll regain control; leave the cabin and continue east to the next area. Watch out for the Saladas here; you'll need to jump up and hit them with a down-thrust to take them out. Keep heading east through this screen to the next, then drop down quite a ways into a new area. At the fork here, climb the steps to the right and crack open the urn for 1200 Gold. If for some reason you need to head back, keep climbing and double-jump to the left to be back where you were, otherwise, head north at the fork.
It looks like you'll need to turn east, but if you head north just a little further, you'll find the fourth and final set of Berm Leaves among the snow covered weeds. Continue east now, double-jumping your way to a wide-open area with a new cavern to your north. Before entering, look for a small area to your lower left that you can drop down to, then charge up your wind magic to the max. This next part is a bit tricky... You need to double-jump as high as you can just off the edge of the ledge while aiming down, and at the peak of your jump, unleash your charged wind-glide, then move down and left, trying to land on the platform here with the chest, using your wind magic more if needed. It may take you a few times, but once you do get it, you'll get another Katol Elixir as your reward!
Make your way back up to the open area and enter the cave to your north. Follow along the path, dropping down several platforms; this area has the Mon-Jigel, which if you let it spawn more monsters, is a great way to take a charged wind attack and unleash it on a group of them, yielding some nice Gold drops! In any case, continue down the path to a fork; make your way east first until you reach the next area, where you'll find Dogi. After some discussion, you'll regain control; charge up your wind magic, then double-jump and wind-glide over to the right side. Dogi will then throw the Terra Bracelet over to you; we now have all three elemental bracelets! This one allows you to take out rocks and walls, whether they are rock-based enemies, or cracks in walls that we've seen before. It also protects you from damage when you use it at the same time you're getting hit.
Before continuing east, jump and glide back over, then head back to the previous screen. Take the western path at the fork now, and since we have the Terra Bracelet, the Ilba (Shell) enemies should be MUCH easier to defeat! Also, by using the earth magic against them, it'll uncover their Core, allowing you to add them to your Monster Log. Make your way west to the next area, then continue along the path to a fork; drop down to the right and smash the urn for 2000 Gold, then continue west, then to the lower right and east to the next area. Head all the way to the end where you'll reach an ice-covered dead-end; the earth magic can help steer you in the right direction on the ice as well! Crack open the urn on the upper platform for some Herbs, Draughts, etc., then break open the one on the lower platform for 2200 Gold.
Head back west, following the path two screens to arrive at the original fork, then head east to the next area, where you'll return to the area where you met Dogi. Cross the chasm, then make your way east, heading east some more at the fork to come to a dead-end with a cracked wall; use your earth magic on this wall to crack it open, then head inside. Open the chest for your first Topaz for your Terra Bracelet, then use the Travel Monument here to save your game.
Head back west to the previous area, then head north up the stairs at the fork to reach another cracked wall; crash through it with your earth magic and proceed through it. Follow the path, and instead of trying to navigate the icy path here, just fall down the chasm since you probably won't have any luck. It's a little frustrating to move down here as well, so go west and either get a running start to jump up the icy slope, or use your earth magic to charge your way up the slope. As you start to slide back down, you'll come to a fork; just keep sliding all the way to the bottom and enter the cavern at the end.
Head north and open the chest for some Stone Shoes; equip these immediately, as you can walk normally on ice while wearing them! Head back to the last screen and to the fork we initially passed up, then jump to the upper left, following the path as it twists and turns around to the next area. Out here, don't drop down or you'll have to retrace your steps back to here just to get an item! Jump two platforms left and crush the urn here for 1600 Gold, then go back and start making your way up the platforms to the right, and when you reach the edge, charge up your wind, then double-jump and wind-glide as far as you can UP and a little to the right, to safely land on the ground. Break the ice here with either fire or earth, then open the chest for Raval Ore x140.
Drop down to the right from here, and you'll land on solid ground. Move right (not south, or you'll fall), following along the small path to a set of stone stairs that take you to the next cavern. Head north and double-jump up to the left, then double-jump again to your right and keep along the path here until you reach a chasm; drop down WHILE holding the LEFT button! You should fall into a small alcove that has a chest containing Raval Ore x120. Drop down, then head right, and when you reach a fork, continue going down to the lower right and follow the path as it turns west to the next area.
Move west to a slightly-confusing multi-way fork; crush the urn to your west first to obtain 2500 Gold, then take the path that heads northeast and up. After it turns west, look for a chasm; double-jump over it to the left (otherwise, you'll land where you just opened the last urn) and start climbing down the ledges. When you can finally turn south to go to the next area, DON'T; instead, head north and crack open the wall here and enter this cavern.
Follow the path through this area to the next, then stay along the wall of the narrow path to find a chest containing Raval Ore x140. Drop down from here, then continue west and north to a ledge that you have to double-jump to reach an urn with 2000 Gold inside. Once you have this, try to trace your steps back two screens to the last fork near the wall we smashed, then continue south to the next new area. Move south, then double-jump to the left a couple of times to a fork; use fire or earth to your west to get rid of the ice, then bust open the urn for 2500 Gold.
Go back to the fork and take the lower eastern path, following it to another fork; east is a dead-end, so drop down to the lower left, and I mean LEFT; otherwise, you'll land in some damaging ice spikes! Follow the path around as it heads east down here, eventually to what looks like a branch; above you is a dead-end, so continue east. You'll soon arrive at another branch just like it; this one actually has a chest though, so hop on up, break the ice, and open the chest to your left to find a Katol Elixir! Make sure to use it! Drop back down and continue east, following the path to one last fork; the left drops us off just to the right of where we were, so double-jump to the top right and enter the cavern here.
We're technically done with the Elderm Mountains, so head north and east to a Travel Monument, where you can save your game. We'll take this time to prepare for the next boss, and there's also enough extra to do to keep us busy for a few!
|__||Raval Ore x200||Raval Ore|
|__||2000 Gold||Gold||Grand Total: 3200 Gold|
|__||Raval Ore x200||Raval Ore||Grand Total: Raval Ore x400|
There are three treasures we can obtain using our new earth magic; one in the Illburns Ruins, one in the Zone of Lava, and one in the Abandoned Mine.
- Warp to the Ritual Area in the Illburns Ruins. Head west through four screens to wind up outside, then follow the path to a fork, where you'll find a cracked wall to your north; use your earth magic to break it open, then enter. Now, the enemies inside here (Skull-Alnada) are VERY strong; I wasn't careful at all and was wiped out my first trip in here! AVOID them for now, but run as quickly as you can to the north to open the chest here for the Spirit Cape. Again, GRAB IT AND RUN; don't even mess with the enemies in here, not yet, since you normally don't encounter them until near the end of the game. As for the Spirit Cape, equip it when you don't need any other accessory at the moment; it heals you as you rest.
- Warp to the Topside of the Zone of Lava / Illburns Ruins. Head west to the next area, then head west and drop down to the area below. From here, head northeast, where you'll eventually wind up at a dead-end with a door/cracked wall. Charge it with your earth magic to break it, then crack open the urn inside for 1200 Gold, and open the chest for Raval Ore x200! Sweet!
- Warp to the Abandoned Mine inside the Tigray Quarry, then head west and up the stairs to the previous area, then charge the wall to your left at the top of the stairs. Again, the Skull-Alnadas are here as well, so AVOID them as well, making a mad dash to the chest to the west, which contains Raval Ore x200, and if you can, crack open the urn and grab the 2000 Gold. Warp quickly out of there before you're slaughtered.
Now, let's make our way back to Redmont for a few more goodies.
|__||2500 Gold||Gold||Trade 50 Raval or it.|
|__||10000 Gold||Gold||Trade 200 Raval for it.|
|__||Talisman of War||Item|
|__||Banded Slayer||Equipment||Purchase for 24000G.|
|__||Banded Shield||Equipment||Purchase for 16000G.|
|__||Banded Mail||Equipment||Purchase for 18000G.|
First off, head to the top right of town to talk to Hugo, who's tending the pikkard pen; if you haven't talked to him before, talk to him twice for him to see that you gathered enough Berm Leaves to help his pikkards; agree to give them to him, and he'll give you a Katol Elixir!
You'll obtain the Savior of Swine Achievement by giving Hugo all four of your Berm Leaves.
Next, talk to Antonio, who's walking near Hugo's pen; when we talked to him before, we didn't have much Raval to offer, but we have more than enough now, so let's deal! Whether or not you gave him 10 Raval before, he will now need 50 Raval. Go ahead and give him 50 Raval for 2500 Gold, then finally give him 200 Raval for 10000 Gold! For all of that, he'll also give you a Jade Ring.
First, SAVE YOUR GAME!!! You can obtain the Oblivious or Insensitive? Achievement by selling Randolph's ring to Cynthia. You can get this Achievement AND still get a perfect game; just save your game in two different slots once you get the Jade Ring. Use the first slot to sell the ring to Cynthia to earn this Achievement, then reload your second save and choose to give it to him and continue on with the game.
The Jade Ring is the ring that Randolph lost, so let's return it to him; talk to him at the Inn and agree to give it to him, and he'll give you the Talisman of War, which will allow you to be in Boost mode even longer than you already are able to! Sweet!
As noted in the Steam Achievement above, if for some bizarre reason that you don't want the Talisman of War, you can give the Jade Ring to Cynthia, who in return will give you an Illusion Mirror and an Amulet, both of which can be bought for only a few hundred gold, so I don't recommend doing it. The Talisman of War is MUCH more worth it.
Now, make your way to the Store and talk to Cynthia; you should have enough money to buy the Banded Slayer, the Banded Shield, and the Banded Mail. If you don't have quite enough money after all that we've just done, I STRONGLY recommend going back to the Elderm Mountains and fight in the last areas before the last Travel Monument to get enough money to buy them. If you don't have it, and really don't want to grind, then at least get the Banded Slayer (and if you can afford it, the Banded Mail) and have Adonis max out the Banded Sword; just know that it costs 750 Gold and 100 Raval to level up equipment at this level.
That's it for extras; hopefully we did enough to prepare us for the Icebound Cave! When you're ready, Warp back to the Ice Caves of the Elderm Mountains.
|__||Travel Monument||Save Point||Location: (Ice Caves)|
|__||Gildias, Guardian of the Icy Depths||72/79||BOSS #08 Strategy|
There's really nothing to this section, but hey, it got its own title when you walked into the area! Oh well, when you're ready, proceed east to the next screen to take on the last boss of the Elderm Mountains.
Adol: Level 32
Make sure you have your earth magic equipped for the battle; use it on his legs several times to knock them out from under him, then combo him with your sword. If you have a boost (or double-boost), unleash it on his head while he's down! This is going to be the easiest way to damage him, so repeat as necessary, avoiding his attacks in the meantime, which are:
- He'll bite at you; just avoid it as you close in on him and use your earth magic to knock its legs out from under him. Attack when he's down.
- He'll breathe at you, trapping you in an ice prison; double-jump out of it before he smashes it with his tail.
- He'll flap his wings, blowing you to the bottom of the screen while shooting ice at you; just try to jump over the ice as it comes, and wait until he's done.
- He'll stomp his feet, shooting ice trails at you; maneuver to avoid them.
- He'll fly up in the air and shoot ice down at you, followed by crashing down; it's easy to avoid the ice, but hard to miss the crash, unless you jump at just the right time.
- Wow, this is the strangest thing I've ever seen in a game... When he's low on HP, he'll fly in the air like the previous attack, but will then swoop down and grab you with his mouth, taking you WAY up in the air, then dropping you, probably hitting a ton of rocks on your way down; if you see him jump in the air, just run like mad, double-jumping, trying to avoid this. But don't think that if you avoid him the first time, you're safe; he'll keep swooping around and try to grab you if he missed! If he does grab you, stay to the left or right side only while you're falling, then use your earth magic, trying to time it as you hit the rocks; it should guard you against some of the damage, hopefully.
After the battle, you'll receive the Light Statue. After a short scene, you'll regain control. Make your way back to the entrance and try to use your earth magic on the caved-in wall to initiate a scene. After the long scene, you'll be back in Berhardt's cabin, and after the scene there, you'll regain control. Warp back to Redmont.
Use the Travel Monument if you wish, then talk to Gardner; after he tells you what's going on, enter the town and take care of the group of enemies here. After the fighting, you'll have to endure another scene before you can regain control once again.
Since we already did all the odds and ends, there's nothing else to do, so let's get a move on. Off to Valestein Castle!
|__||Travel Monument||Save Point||Location: (Entrance)|
|__||Travel Monument||Save Point||Location: (East Wing)|
|__||Travel Monument||Save Point||Location: (West Wing)|
|__||Travel Monument||Save Point||Location: (Dungeon)|
|__||Raval Ore x200||Raval Ore|
|__||Raval Ore x500||Raval Ore|
|__||Raval Ore x320||Raval Ore|
|__||Raval Ore x250||Raval Ore|
|__||Raval Ore x380||Raval Ore||Grand Total: Raval Ore x1650|
|__||3000 Gold||Gold||Grand Total: 17500 Gold|
|__||Clock Tower Key||Item|
|__||Death Faleon, The Ever-Whirling Assassin||73/79||BOSS #09 Strategy|
|__||Zellfel Zam Schultiger, The Savage Mongrel||74/79||BOSS #10 Strategy|
|__||Zirduros, The Clockwork Cannon||75/79||BOSS #11 Strategy|
After talking to everyone at the entrance, enter Valestein Castle! Be prepared for some rough battling; this place is noticeably harder than usual. Head north into another room in the castle, then make your way east to the next. Watch out for the spears shooting up from below, waiting until the opportune moment to safely cross the area and move on to the next. Go up the stairs in this room, then STOP when you can turn north and go up more stairs; you'll want to drop off to the south, then use your wind magic to float into the nearby cubby hole to find a chest containing Raval Ore x200.
Make sure your Stone Shoes are equipped, as the next bridge is covered in ice. Make your way back to the last area, then continue up the stairs to the north, as both paths leading north beside the stairs lead to dead-ends. Be careful of the swinging spiked balls up here, taking every precaution you can to not get knocked off by them. Once you reach the other side, continue north to the next area. In this circular area, there are several ways we can go; out the west, out the east, upstairs, or downstairs! First, let's go upstairs to the northeast!
It's pretty straightforward here; make your way up the spiral staircase, double-jumping across the chasms as you come to them. There is a chest in this area, but rather than counting how many holes to you've jumped over to find it, just continue all the way until you're in the next area, then go back one screen and approach the first chasm here; the chest is directly below you, so jump across the chasm to the platform to your right, then single-jump to your left and hit your wind-glide just as you start to miss the platform to your left, and KEEP HITTING THE MAGIC BUTTON, trying to float over and hopefully landing at the chest. Open it for your second Topaz, then drop down and continue back up the stairs to the next area.
Before going up the stairs below you, stay close to the wall and move east to find an urn under the staircase here; smash it for some Herbs, Draughts, etc., then go back west. Climb the stairs now and double-jump and wind-glide over the chasm, continuing into the next room. In this room, you'll come across Elizabetha, Christof, and Alice; after the scene, talk to them all one more time, especially Alice, who will give you the Ivory Key. Go back to the last area, then either jump down the hole between the stairs, or climb all the way down and take the stairs to the basement.
You can obtain the 28 Maids Later Achievement by defeating 500 Selnades across all playthroughs. This is a little more time-consuming than the Mozgouz Achievement, but can be done in one playthrough if you REALLY want to.
The best place to fight them in large groups is in the basement of the East Wing of Valestein Castle, where there's a group of eight of them hanging around the spears that come shooting out of the floor. That's roughly 63 trips to make if you're going to do it at once...
There are only two urns and one major item down here, but it's a very important item! Go down the stairs (if you took the stairs), battle some Selnades if you like, then make you way as far west as you can, watching out for the shooting spear traps on the floor. Once you're against the lower western wall, start climbing the ledges here, smashing the urn along the way for 2500 Gold. Keep climbing the nearby western ledges until you're against the northern wall, where you'll find a chest to your east containing the Battle Armor! Equip this immediately! Next, drop down just to the right of the chest two times to find another urn; smash it for some Herbs, Draughts, etc., then head east and make your way back up the stairs to the first circular area.
Now, let's head left. Be careful here, since if you fall, you'll be where you just were in the basement and have to backtrack... so you should probably turn on No-Fall, just in case. Jump your way to the left, up, left, left, left, then as far down as you can. Instead of going left here, double-jump and wind-glide to your right to find a chest containing Raval Ore x500! Make your way back to the left, then continue left, then up to a fork; go north and smash the urn for 3000 Gold, then go back and take the left path as it goes left, down, left, up, right, up, left, down, and left to the next area.
Use the Travel Monument here in the East Wing (which oddly enough is to our west); take the time here and Warp back to Redmont, using what Raval you have to upgrade your Battle Armor, which costs you 3750 Gold and 300 Raval a level to do. Once you're ready, Warp back to the East Wing and continue north to the next area, where you'll come across the first of three bosses here in Valestein Castle.
Adol: Level 34
You can only damage the Death Faleon in certain ways depending on his color.
- No color: You can hit him with anything here, so do as much damage as you can with whatever you want before he changes.
- Green: You can only hit him with wind attacks.
- Red: You can only hit him with fire attacks.
- Yellow: You can only hit him with earth attacks.
- White: You can only hit him with your sword, so try to unleash a boost (or double-boost) on him as soon as you see him turn white.
Now that you know his weaknesses, here are his attacks:
- He'll charge and slice you; try to jump over him as he does.
- He'll shoot several missiles at you, as well as make spiked spears raise from the ground; run around to avoid the missiles, and just stay away from the spikes.
- He'll release an aura around him, as well as make spiked spears raise from the round; stay away from both the aura and the spikes. He uses this when he changes colors.
- He'll shoot a yo-yo type fireball at you that will come back to him once it's gone so far, and release extra smaller fireballs; maneuver around to avoid them.
- He'll charge at you several times in a row; try to jump over him each time he's about to strike.
Do your best to hit him with the weak element whenever you can; charged magic works better than single shots, since he moves around so quickly, you're only going to get one, maybe two hits in before he's out of your line of attack.
After the battle, you'll hear a door unlatch, and an item will appear in the center of the room; pick up the Organ Pipe. Head back, saving if you wish, then make your way east and across all the platforms to be back in the first circular area. Note that two doors were unlocked by beating the Death Faleon; the second floor door by the entrance to the castle, and one we'll be coming to shortly. You can ignore the one on the second floor of the castle entrance; it leads to the same area we'll be going to momentarily.
Back in the circular room, head east to the next area, then go down the stairs and south to be outside. If you head to the left a bit, you'll be at a fork; to the north up the stairs is the Castle's Church, so enter here to find Elena's Silver Pendant lying on the ground. If you want, you can put the Organ Pipe and Ivory Key in their correct places to the right of the organ and the organ itself, respectively. You're still missing one piece, so that's all we can do here for now. Go back outside.
Make your way west and into the door here, then continue up the stairs and east to the next area, which we'll call the second circular area. There are four ways to go here as well; out the south, out the east, upstairs, or downstairs! Let's head south first; it's the area that we would've visited had we taken the second floor door from the entrance of the castle. Make sure to equip the Stone Shoes here, as the area is very icy! As you can see, there are a ton of traps, but sadly, there are only two urns we need to smash to reap the rewards. Drop to your right as soon as you enter the area and smash the urn here for some Herbs, Draughts, etc., which REALLY aren't worth it, but hey, it's there.
For the next urn, drop to your left from the northern entrance, then head south while looking out for spikes; you should see the urn below you near the third rolling-rock bridge if you're still on the platform above the ground to your left, or if you're completely on the ground against the western wall, you should see it on your right, and you can double-jump to reach it. Smash it for 3000 Gold, then make your way down the ledges and head south, then east to the next area.
It may not look like it, but after jumping the first set of spears, you can climb the ledge to your north; keep climbing the ledges here against the northern wall until you've made it to the highest ledge near the eastern side of the room; use your earth-charge on the cracked wall here to discover a chest containing Raval Ore x320! That's it for here, unless you want to continue east, following the path back to the entrance of the castle. Instead, go back west to the previous area, then north back to the second circular room.
Downstairs is our next destination, so take the northeastern stairs down. There's some lava down here, so equip the Firewyrm's Amulet, since we'll be treading in it. Make your way all the way to the eastern wall, then head north, jumping onto the ledge here and smashing the urn for Herbs, Draughts, etc. Climb the ledge to your upper left, maneuvering across the ledges here as you go up and back to the right, where you'll find another cracked wall; use your earth-charge to reveal the chest containing the Battle Shield! Equip it, then make your way back to the circular room.
Next, head upstairs via the northwestern stairs; climb the stairs here until you reach the first gap, then STOP! If you look carefully, you'll see a chest above you, to the left; to reach it, approach the edge of the gap on your right, then double-jump to the left toward the chest to reach the platform, then open the chest for Raval Ore x250. Continue up the stairs to the next area, then go right and go up the stairs to the left, jumping over the gap to enter a room where you'll find Bishop Nikolas; talk to him, then smash the urn to the left for 3000 Gold. Leave here and make your way back down the stairs to the second circular area.
Lastly, head east to the next room; equip your Nightfire Gem, as it's too dark to see without it. Also, by equipping it, you'll see which platforms are traps that will fall out from underneath you if you step on them, which drops you back down to the previous lava area. Turn on No-Fall just in case, then follow the visible path, jumping over the "gaps" as it goes right, down, right, then up to a fork; go up first, then make your way west to a chest containing Raval Ore x380. Back at the fork, go right, down, right, up at the fork to the northern wall, then right, down, right, up, and right to the next area.
You'll see the Travel Monument for the West Wing; take this time to go back to Redmont and upgrade your equipment once again, then Warp back to the West Wing and save your game. Head south to the next area, where it's time to fight the second boss of Valestein Castle.
Adol: Level 35
Have your fire magic equipped for this battle, it should make it easier. As soon as you can, send as many fireballs his way while he's still on the ground, hopefully taking a nice chunk off of his HP. While your magic is regenerating, assault him with your sword as much as you can. He has these attacks:
- He'll lunge and try to bite you; just jump out of the way.
- He'll breathe a long trail of fire at you; again, just jump out of the way.
- He'll glow and charge you; most of the time, he seems to jump OVER you, so either don't move, or try to double-jump to avoid it.
- He'll jump into the air and dive down at you; run away before he hits.
- He'll jump into the air and become a ball, flying around like a pinball trying to hit you; maneuver to avoid him. He'll be dazed after this, so try to attack him as much as you possibly can.
- He'll howl, then a group of smaller wolves will attack you; double jump and wind-glide in the opposite direction that the wolves are going to avoid them.
As long as you can keep him lit up with your fireballs while he's running around, you should be able to whittle his HP down fairly quickly.
After the battle, another item will appear in the center of the area; pick it up for the Holy Cross, the last of the three items we needed to proceed. Make your way back to the last circular room, then take the western exit and follow the path back outside to the Castle's Church, where you can go inside and insert the Holy Cross to the left of the organ to have a tune play, and a door open below you (or you'll need to insert all three, if you haven't done so yet. The Ivory Key will go in the Organ, and the Organ Pipe will go in the right). Go inside this door and head down the stairs to be in the dungeon of Valestein Castle.
It's very easy to obtain the Showoff Achievement just by unleashing a charged wind-attack on a group of the tiny Pique enemies, as long as there are at least 5 of them there.
Make your way down the stairs, following the path to the next area. Continue east, and when you reach a fork, use your wind magic to take out all the little Pique buggers that ambush you, then head west and climb the ledges here, smashing an urn for Herbs, Draughts, etc. Go back and head east to another fork; before doing anything, go a few steps up to see an urn to your upper left. Double-jump and wind-glide over to it while pressing UP to land in the little cubby hole, then smash the urn for 3000 Gold. Drop back down, then head up the stairs first.
Up here, be careful not to fall, or you'll have to go back west and back up the stairs to be back here to try again. Move east a bit, then double-jump and wind-glide over to the next set of ledges on the right. Go up a bit, then right to what seems like a dead-end; here, you'll have to double-jump and wind-glide to your right while pushing DOWN just a little bit to land on that platform. Drop down and smash the urn below for 3000 Gold, then double-jump back up and jump up the platforms above it; here, you need to charge up your wind, then double-jump and release your charged wind-glide at the top of your jump, hopefully landing on the platform to the left! Double-jump and wind-glide one more time to your left to the next platform.
When you're as far left as you can possibly go, and this one is tough, charge up your wind again, then double-jump to your left while pressing DOWN just a bit, releasing your wind-glide at the top of your jump, and hopefully gliding to the final platform to the left. Once you made it there, go ahead and go west to the next area, double-jumping and wind-gliding over the gaps and quickly across the sinking platforms until you reach the next area. You can either take out the four Toriezes before or after you open the chest (after will be easier, if you can) to find the reward for all of this pain, the Battle Saber!
Now time to head back to the fork with the stairs. Just drop down in the previous area and make your way back to the fork, going down the stairs to the next area. Continue east to the next room to find another Travel Monument; again, take this time to go back to Redmont and upgrade your equipment, then Warp back to the Dungeon of Valestein Castle. To the right is the Clock Tower, but we can't enter yet, so head north, where we'll find the third and final boss of Valestein Castle.
Adol: Level 35
Equip your wind magic, and get ready for a long battle. The only way you can damage him is by hitting his tail, as the rest of him is covered in armor. He's also constantly turning around, so even hitting his tail is going to be a challenge. To get to it, you'll need to double-jump over him, and as you're falling, down-thrust and hit him with your sword, then hit him with wind attacks (preferably a charged one) as many times as you can before you turns around again, where you'll need to double-jump and down-thrust once again. In the meantime, try to avoid these attacks:
- He'll shoot tracking missiles into the air; run away from them.
- He'll shoot several missiles into the air, different than the tracking ones; watch for the shadows on the ground, then run away from them.
- He'll jump into the air and dive down at you; run and jump away from it before he lands. This also releases four sets of mines; stay away from them until they explode.
- He'll fire a machine gun while rotating; rotate with him and avoid the shots.
- He'll swing his tail and release mines; again, stay away from them until they explode.
- He'll fire a massive laser at you; stay behind him, and this won't hit.
After the battle, the bridge to the north will be extended, allowing you to enter the dungeon area. After the scene with Elena, talk to Bob to add him to your Character Log, which should complete it! Finally, talk to Andre, who will give you the Clock Tower Key, which will finally let us into the cursed Clock Tower. Before going however, we need to Warp to Redmont to take care of one thing.
Assuming you've been following the walkthrough from the start, and/or have talked to every other person in the game so far, you'll obtain the Social Butterfly Achievement after talking to Bob and completing the Character Log.