What is the turtle/rabbit shot? How is it done?

1. Self explanatory, if you know the answer.

User Info: chris32martyn

chris32martyn - 9 years ago

1. Let me warn you... these shots are something to avoid...

If the Rabbit appears, your impact setting is too early. If the Turtle appears, your impact setting is too late.

Another thing, these shots will affect your swings and chip-ins very badly... causing the ball to go left or right unnecessarily.

User Info: Super_X5

Super_X5 - 9 years ago 1   0

Answers

1. It's basically hook or slice, or if less severe it can be intentional -- a fade or draw. You'll see the AI players do it sometimes. Aim right and turtle back against a prevailing wind (or upslope), e.g. Usually the best way to get these nuanced strokes is with sidespin, top spin or back spin, a bit harder to manage in this game, especially for noobs.

Rabbit is usagi, btw, a reference to the moon ("rabbit in the moon" like "man in the moon"). Turtle is kame, with maybe a Taoist hermit flavor. My Japanese isn't good enough to see the humor, but I'm sure these pictures are puns, the worst kind of low comedy.

User Info: grikdog

grikdog - 8 years ago 0   0