FAQ/Walkthrough by ZeoKnight
Version: 1.1 | Updated: 09/01/17
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1
- Chapter 2 - Embrace Your Dreams
- Chapter 3 - Betrayal?
- Chapter 4 - Monster
- Chapter 5 - An Angel's Dream
- Chapter 6 - Where Are You?
- Chapter 7 - Protect Your Honor
- Chapter 8 - The End of Genesis?
- Chapter 9 - Departure
- Chapter 10 - See You Soon
- Chapter 11 - Heroes
- Mission 1 - Shinra Electric Power Company
- Mission 2 - Monster Research Project
- Mission 3 - Genesis's Forces
- Mission 4 - To End the War with Wutai
- Mission 5 - Hojo's Laboratory
- Mission 6 - Seeking Precious Items
- Mission 7 - Seeking Priceless Items
- Mission 8 - Zack, the Materia Hunter
- Mission 9 - Great Cavern of Wonders
- Mission 10 - Mysteries of the World
- Obtainable Items
- Obtainable Accessories
- Obtainable Materia
My sole purpose in writing this guide is only for my personal achievement. This game is 9 years old at the time of writing, and it doesn't have any news to be re-released for newer console. Previously I had played this game with no level up challenge and finished it in around 50 hours. Now I restart the game and write a general walkthrough about it.
- When starting a new game, you can choose between Normal Mode or Hard Mode. Hard Mode is intended to be played in New Game+, but it's available if you want a real challenge from start. I should emphasize that this game's Hard Mode is quite challenging for first-time players. Your opponents have much better stats (double or even triple their stats in Normal Mode), and their HP can be multiplied by five times or more. If you want to clear the game without having real trouble, just select Normal Mode. There isn't any special reward for clearing the game in Hard Mode. It's only for your personal bragging.
- As additional note, I write this guide based on Hard Mode, but I still leave some notes for Normal Mode players. For most of the missions you may lower the requirements (equipped materia and accessories), as the opponents are obviously easier than Hard Mode.
- Actually there are many tips you should need to know, but I leave them in each section when I learned it for the first time. They are better written in this way rather than having a dedicated section to put them together.
|Button||Combat Control||Menu Control|
|Analog or D-pad||Move character||Navigate through menu|
|L||Scroll to the next command||Scroll to the next page when viewing items / materia / accessories|
|R||Scroll to the previous command||Scroll to the previous page when viewing items / materia / accessories|
|Triangle||Hold this button to Block||Open Menu, show special menu (status or abilities)|
|Square||Dodge||View map and zoom in / out, unequip items / materia / accessories|
|Select||-||Delete save file (only when touching save point)|
|Start||Pause / unpause the game||Pause / unpause the game|
Most action-RPG games have lock-on controls. In this game, lock-on will be done automatically by facing the opponent. If you only fight a single opponent, your don't have to worry about it. However, if you fight multiple targets, you have to manually face or approach the target until lock-on appears on that target.