Character Quests and Endings Guide by Informed_User
Table of Contents
This game has many characters the player can choose as a love interest or best friend forever to end the game with. All party members have an ending. Most PMs have special events during the games rest periods that must be completed to get that characters ending. In addition, to the party members, certain female non-party members have a character quest and ending.
In order to choose a character to spend the final rest day with the player must complete all of that characters special events, character quest, and have a high friendship rating with them, pink text on the familiars friendship menu. Dandy books, obtainable as prizes from the arena, can be used to increase friendship with party members.
- Starting at furlough three or beyond, talk to Remus while resting at Marquelia. Ask him what he knows about his sister. Tell Christopher you want to help find his sister.
- Ask Remus about his father and then talk to Christopher. Tell Alice I wont let him die.
- Talk to Remus in Marquelia and he will see Alice.
- Talk to Remus at your town and he ask if you have seen Alice. Have Remus in your party and go to Marquelia castle. Visit Remus room the night before the last furlough.
- Take Frayne to the museum in your town.
- Talk to Frayne in your town and she will ask to be taken to the prison southwest of Trockmere, this can be done later in the game.
- Talk to Frayne in your town and she ask to go to the art museum again. Take her to the museum and encourage her to have her painting put on display.
- Take Frayne to see her exhibit at the museum and then offer to help her find an ocean spot. Have Frayne in your party and go to the port in Trockmere.
- Talk to Frayne in your town and offer to find a Slym for her. Have Frayne in your party and talk to the farmer behind the fence in Klasdahl about finding a slym. Then go to Riesel and get some masylume leaves from the man standing near the inn. Go south of Riesel and a slym should appear as you walk under the bridge. Visit Fraynes room the night before the last furlough. Finding Fraynes dairy at the ruins of hope and playing with Frayne at Marquelia are unnecessary to get her ending.
- Visit her room during the first furlough day.
- Talk to Eliza in your town and listen to her idea to sell the table.
- At your town join Elizas conversation with Sydney.
- At your town Eliza will ask you to come with her as she talks to others about starting a business.
- At your town Eliza will force you to come with her as she follows Levan.
- Go to Marquelia to help Eliza find the lost pet. Knock on all doors and talk to all the townspeople for info on the pet. The man standing outside the inn is the kidnapper.
- The next job is explained the night of the following furlough, agree to do it. Bring Eliza with you to Trockmere. Change your formation to put Eliza in front and then talk to sworv. Talk to the man next to the barrels about ships. Go back to the Villa and talk to Levan. Knock on the door near Marquelias entrance. Tell Conrad You love her, dont you?.
- Talk to Eliza in your town and accept the job to take a letter to Riesel. You have only a short window of opportunity to complete the last part of Elizas quest. The earliest you can go to Riesel is after helping Hien push back Dulkheim by defeating its healers. Take Eliza to the inn in Riesel and talk to Cronkite. Talk to the man standing behind town to get a boat. Talk to the innkeeper in Fandelcia. Protect Eliza and her father during the battle. Visit Eliza in her room the night before the last furlough.
- Keep talking to him in your town and he will ask you several philosophical questions.
- After six philosophy questions Hien will talk about a woman in his dream.
- Hien will talk about the woman being in a prison. Have Hien in your party and go to the prison southwest of Trockmere. Hien will find a pendant.
- Talk to Hien in your town and say You think so?
- Talk to Hien in your town again and he will talk about cutting water. Have Hien in your party when you go to fight Ludwig at fort Eizenvant and let Hien attack Ludwig. After the battle Hien should meet his daughter. Visit Hiens room on the night before the last furlough.
- (Vacation - YOUR CITY) Visit Leona in her room at the villa and get the others to stop treating her like a pet.
- (Vacation - YOUR CITY) Talk to Leona about the flower outside the villa.
- Take Leona to Ordinal and ask the item merchant about Merrick.
- With Leona talk to Merrick inside the ruined village north east of Ordinale. Get the flower from the man standing outside Ordinales inn and take it back to Merrick. Collect the acorns outside the ruined village.
- Talk to Leona at your town and agree to eat the "food" she brings you.
- Keep Leona in your party and win story battles. Give her acorns at the end of the battles. Tell her you love her when she visits your room. Visit her room the night before the last furlough.
Vallery is a missable party member. After fighting the summoned beasts story battle outside Trockmere rest at the inn to see a vision of Vallery in danger. Teleport to Ordinale and head north to save Vallery.
- Talk to Vallery while resting at Marquelia and say Youre our friend. When he visits you at night say To protect others.
- Talk to Vallery at Marquelia again and say There must be some other way.
- Knock on the door to the right of Marquelias entrance and talk to the kid alone. Say Do you really want him dead? How would Vallerys friends feel? Your dad wouldnt want that.
- Talk to Vallery at Marquelia and tell him to apologize. Take him to talk to the kid and say We are friends. Tell Vallery Of course when he visits you at night. Visit Vallery in his room the night before the last furlough.
Regina is a missable party member. You must have the access psyche familiar skill and use it after defeating her in the spell cannon battle. To learn access psyche check the projector in Maggies lab. Your familiar must have most stats at 5 or above to learn the skill.
When trying to free Reginas mind pick the following choices. These two are fakes Were inside your mind Im here to save you Dont believe these illusions. Stop her before she crosses the bridge and then say You died. Regina should then join as a party member.
There are two tasks you must complete to get an ending with Regina, giving her a lovers oak charm and getting her a new heart.
- During a furlough at your town take Regina to Mel's shop. Say "Yes" you will look for the Lovers Oak.
To find the lovers oak go to Ordinale and talk to the peddler near the armor shop. After the peddler talk to the man with the cape near the inn and tell him you must have it. You must exchange the sunset quartz to get the lovers oak. Talk to the man walking around Marquelia's harbor with Leona in your party to learn the location of the sunset quartz. Go north of Klasdahl to the ruined road and pick up the sunset quartz off the ground. Trade the sunset quartz for the lovers oak.
- During a furlough at your town talk to Mel alone and she will offer to turn the lovers oak into a charm.
- Take a furlough at your town again and get the charm from Mel. Use the charm near Regina and say yes you really want her to have it.
To get Regina a new heart have her in the party and talk to the doctor in your town. You can get a heart from Maggie if she has a homunculus machine. Win the first round of the arena's 4v4 battle to get the secret book, keep wining the 1v1 battles to unlock the 4v4 battle. Go to the ruins northeast of Marquelia, east of the Ordinal tunnel, and input 643 to unlock the safe. Show the secret book and life stone to Maggie and she will make a homunculus machine. Tell Maggie you want to make a heart for Regina. Regina' blood is O type and safe limit is -20 +30. (Heart info taken from Yandy Kusanagi walkthrough source 1)
If you gave Regina the lovers oak charm and got her a new heart then you should be able to visit her the night of the last furlough, assuming your friendship is maxed.
Meline is a missable party member. You must protect her when she is being attacked by the Death Wing Commander and then agree to let her stay with you.
- During the furlough that occurs right after saving her go to her room on the fourth floor. She will tell you to go away and then Levan will give you some fruit. Give the fruit to Meline. Later Eliza will ask you to visit Melines room. The doctor will explain he does not know what to do. After Pamela comes to the villa you can use the accesss psyche skill to free Meline from Vesters control.
- A missable event occurs on the first furlough day after Meline joins as a party member. Walk towards the door on first floor of the villa and Meline will walk up the stairs behind you. Immediately go back and talk to Meline near your room. Agree to go with her and keep praising her during the meal.
- Take Meline to one of the shops in your town and she will have a conversation with you afterward. Visit her room the night before the last furlough.
Magnus only joins on the modified route.
- Talk to Magnus and say He was right and Lets set a Trap!. Go talk to Hien and say About Magnus. Go back and tell Magnus that Hien as agreed to the plan. All three conversations can be done in one furlough day. Later, after Pamela has given you the modified rod, Magnus will run off to Marquelias harbor. Go to the harbor and let Magnus finish off Cargill. Visit Magnus room the night before the last furlough.
Modified route only.
You meet Tricia early in the game but she can only become a party member near the end of the game. You can only get Tricias ending on the modified main story route. In addition to being the last possible party member she will only join if certain actions were taken at certain points during the game.
- Make the special knock code with Tricia and keep talking to her at the fort.
- Save her from the monster attack east of fort Leinfaltz.
- During the bridge battle dont attack Tricia and tell her you dont want to fight or Im glad youre safe. Then tell her the army betrayed us.
- Leave her a message saying we will always be friends on the tree with her message before getting the projector.
- Tell her you can cancel contracts during the battle outside Sunsail.
- Ask her to join inside the villa. Tricia has no further events after joining. Just visit her room the night before the last furlough.
Note: To get any familiar ending on the original route you must complete the familiar's furlough events and have the homunculus machine made by Maggie. See Regina's character quest for info on homunculus machine.
- Visit the theater with only your familiar and encourage her to try acting. Later in the game go to Ordinale and talk to the playwright, hiding in the back alley near the item shop, about the second half of the play.
- Watch the second half of the play with your familiar.
- Perform with your familiar in front of the other characters. Talk to your familiar on the night before the last rest day.
- Take your familiar to the theater alone during a furlough. You have to wait for Maggie to move to the villa before you can do this. Follow your familiar at night.
- During a furlough at your town go to the doctors office to get some needles. Leave the office and then offer to undergo the treatment.
- Go back and talk to the doctor with your familiar, you can do this right after doing step 2. Tell your familiar to keep going during the treatment and then say I needed the rest.
- Take your familiar to the theater again. Say Yes your familiar should help the doctor when he visits at night.
- During another furlough at your town talk to Maggie. Tell your familiar Its because I trust you when she talks to you at night.
- Get the documents from Maggie during another Furlough at your town. Tell your familiar to do the procedure. Take your familiar to the doctors office right away. Talk to your familiar the night before the last furlough.
- Take her to the theater at your town. Follow her at night and offer to help raise the bird.
- Talk to Sydney about the bird. Follow your familiar at night.
- Talk to Sydney at your town about feeding the bird. Follow your familiar at night. Go to Sunsail and talk to the man at the inn about birds.
- Talk to Sydney.
- Go to Marqulias harbor and talk to the man walking around to get some fish.
- Talk to Sydney and agree to the flight training. Talk to your familiar the night before the last furlough.
- During a furlough at your town Go to Maggies lab. Let her inspect the lab. Agree that Maggie is great and then say your familiar is not just a tool. Agree that you and your familiar are similar. Talk to your familiar at night.
- Bring your familiar to Mels shop and tell her to try some accessories. Say you never really liked the idea and that she should try making an accessory. Talk to your familiar at night.
- Take your familiar to Mels shop again and say Yeah, nice craftsmanship. then say Teach away!.
- Talk to Mel, who will ask if your familiar wants to make something again. Be warned that you need 3 consecutive vacation days to finish this quest. It is also not available on the 6th vacation (since Maggie is missing).
- (Vacation - YOUR CITY, ONLY available the day after the previous event) Eliza will talk about your familiars accessories. Take your familiar to Mels shop and say you want to see the accessories. Mel will visit you at night.
- (Vacation - YOUR CITY, ONLY available the day after the previous event) Visit Maggie.
Modified route only.
- Tell her your name during your first meeting at Trockmere.
- Keep talking to Latika at Klasdahl and agree to help her pick out an accessory. Ask Silverneil to come along.
- Go with Magnus to meet Silverneil after the battle with Akyel. Tell Silverneil I dont want to fight.
- Talk to Latika at Klasdahl about Silverneils feelings before going to Rebrant to fight her.
- Comfort her yourself instead of Christopher at the castle.
- Fight and defeat her during a furlough at your town.
- Wait for her on the first floor of the villa on the night before the last furlough.
Modified route only.
Get mission complete during the battle at Marquelias harbor, when getting the treasure back and when rescuing the hostages at Marquelia castle. Complete Remus character quest.
- Remus will come to your room at night and ask you to visit Alicia. Take a furlough at Marquelia and go alone to talk to Alicia at the castle.
- Visit Alicia again during a furlough. The night before the last furlough go back to sleep without talking to anyone and Remus will come and ask you to spend time with Alicia.
After completing Mels flier side quest talk to Mel alone during furlough and she will ask you to help her out at the shop. You have to help her four times during furlough. On the night before the last furlough choose to go back to sleep without talking to anyone. In the morning go talk to Mel at her shop and tell her you love her.
Note 1: To find Sydney, you must on the last day of your vacation in Marquelia during sunset.
Note 2: These are the choices I picked. Feel free to correct me if I didn't make the optimal choice Requirements: Steps 1-4 are taken from the FAQ, I don't take credit for them but I'll post it here for convenience.
- Pick 1st choice 3x, then 2nd choice
- Pick 2nd choice, 1st choice 2x. At the mansion your Familiar suggests you to get something for Sidney
- Put Leona in your party, go to Marquelia harbor. talk to the brown haired man, pick 1st choice. Go to Ordineil. In front of the Inn there's a soldier in blue light armor, talk to him.
- Note 3: Until you get the Sunset Quartz, any conversation with Sydney during vacations will result in a repeat.
- Go to the ruined area which located between Klasdahl and Riesel (the place where you meet Leona for the 1st time), pick up the blue shiny object to the east then you'll get a Key Item "Sunset Quartz".
- Note 4: For reference, this is the place where you got the "Blue Resonator": From Klasdahl, go north 4x and east once.
- It's grown on me -> ??? -> Maybe you can have 2 hometowns -> Give her the Sunset Quartz.
- Note 5: Trying to recall what the choices were 1 week ago when I picked them. Whelp! I could use some help correcting this but I think as long as she gets the Sunset Quartz, you can't go wrong. Dandy book if needed. Night before last Vacation: Talk to her in the first floor: Care for a late night chat? -> Thanks for all your hard work -> Of course I do -> It's like a dream to me too. Dating Day: Let's go together -> It's because we're together -> I'll be back when it's over (Thanks to Yandy_Kusanagi & Forbster)
Modified route only.
- Take a furlough at Marquelia and talk to Pamela near the entrance to the villa.
- Take a furlough at your town and have tea with Pamela in the lab.
- Go to Ordinale and talk to Santos at the inn. Then talk to Ned who is walking outside the inn. Last, talk to Josef who is in the hidden back alley near the item shop.
- Use the tea set near Pamela in the lab. Visit Pamelas room the night before the last furlough.
Modified route only.
- Vacation: Talk to her in her lab (by entering the lab will also triggers the Side Quest for your Familiar D-MD if you haven't though), pick 1st choice, take her to Art Gallery.
- Vacation: Talk to her in her lab, pick 1st choice, take her to Movie Theatre. Outside, pick 2nd choice, 1st choice, then 3rd choice.
- Vacation: Talk to her in her lab, pick 1st choice 2x, take her to anywhere. At night before the day is over, go to her lab for Tea party. Pick 1st choice, then 2nd choice. Before you go to bed, Pamela will give you a visit, pick 2nd choice 2x. She'll tell you to take Maggie for a date at Marcuria.
- Vacation 7: Having "Lovers Oak" in your inventory (traded for the Sunset Stone, after it's been modified by Mel during vacation!), talk to Maggie, pick 1st choice. Exit mansion to go to Marcuria. At Marcuria harbor, pick 1st choice 2x. Get near Maggie, use Lovers Oak.
- Last Vacation: At night go to her lab. Talk to her. (Thanks to Yandy_Kusanagi)
Complete Meline's character quest and spend the last furlough with Meline. Have Meline in your party and go to the final dungeon. Meline will give you the cross stone before the battle with Cynthia. Use the cross stone near Cynthia after winning the battle and talking to Lumis. You will get an ending with Meline and Cynthia.
The endings are listed in the same order as the Appendix. All endings, unless stated otherwise, require the completion of the character's personal side quest.
- Happy Ending!: Attend the last vacation day with Familiar D-PT.
- A Journey Together: Attend the last vacation day with Familiar D-YN.
- Migrating Birds: Attend the last vacation day with Familiar D-RM.
- By His Side: Attend the last vacation day with Familiar D-MD.
- The Leaders Will:. Attend the last vacation day with Remus.
- Newlyweds: Attend the last vacation day with Frayne.
- Through Thick & Thin: Attend the last vacation day with Eliza.
- For Freedom: Attend the last vacation day with Hien.
- I Love My Master!: Attend the last vacation day with Leona.
- Best Bros: Attend the last vacation day with Vallery.
- Blossoming Romance: Attend the last vacation day with Regina.
- Friends Forever: Attend the last vacation day with Magnus.
- A Promise Kept: Attend the last vacation with Meline.
- Together with Twins: Finish the game with Meline and Cynthia.
- A Coded Love Letter: Attend the last vacation day with Tricia.
- Dream in the Sunset: Attend the last vacation day with Sydney.
- Just the Two of Us: Attend the last vacation day with Mel.
- The Science of Love: Attend the last vacation day with Maggie.
- Memorable Teatime: Attend the last vacation day with Pamela.
- A Lady's Admiration: Attend the last vacation day with Alicia.
- The Lovestruck Guard: Attend the last vacation day with Silverneil.
- Thick As Thieves: Attend the last vacation day without spending time with anyone. D-PT version.
- By Your Side: Attend the last vacation day without spending time with anyone. D-YN version.
- Right There With You: Attend the last vacation day without spending time with anyone. D-RM version.
- Always With You: Attend the last vacation day without spending time with anyone. D-MD version.
- Not Like This...: Eliminate both hands of the final boss.
- Together Forever: Attend the last vacation day with Familiar D-PT.
- Joyous Reunion: Attend the last vacation day with Familiar D-YN.
- Home to Roost: Attend the last vacation day with Familiar D-RM.
- A Human Companion: Attend the last vacation day with Familiar D-MD.
- Memories & Promises: Attend the last vacation day with Remus.
- Painting a Portrait: Attend the last vacation day with Frayne.
- Eternal Memory: Attend the last vacation day with Eliza.
- For an Old Comrade: Attend the last vacation day with Hien.
- Hand in Paw: Attend the last vacation day with Leona.
- A Man's Promise: Attend the last vacation day with Vallery.
- Lovers: Attend the last vacation day with Regina.
- The Sunset Stone: Attend the last vacation day with Sydney.
- Lovers' Ragtime: Attend the last vacation day with Mel.
- A Little Cuckoo: Attend the last vacation day without spending special time with anyone.
- All Hail Deringer!: Dulkheim Route. Kill Ludwig upon first meeting by choosing "*forcibly annul contract*" and winning the battle.
- True Democracy: Dulkheim Route. Proceed through the route without searching the ruins after Cargill's escort mission for Bryntir's Report or failing to modify the Indiction Rod.
- Assistant to a Hero: Dulkheim Route. Complete the game with the Modified Indiction Rod.
- Decline: Kill all former allies, Kill Ludwig at the bridge, let Cargill escape.
- Volatile Elections: Kill all former allies, Kill Ludwig at the bridge, Kill Cargill.
- The World in My Hand: Kill all former allies, Kill Ludwig at the bridge, tell Cargill "To rule the world!"