Why does PS5 starts up in split screens at home?

1. Maybe not all ps5 has the same issue yet but, there should be an update to fix the solution ahead of time, just fyi.

Anyways, somestimes when I restart the system being on rest mode and or change controllers, the home screen duplicates the screen. When I restart the system using a different ps5 controller, the screen goes back being normal. Temporary solution but, I don't think it's the controllers since they both been updated. Nor it's the TV itself since my ps3, xbox one S, nitendo switch and ps4 all works normal and the tv's about one year old.

Any feedbacks will be helpful. Thanks

User Info: TruckerK680

TruckerK680 - 2 months ago

1. While it is not a common issue, it isn't exactly uncommon either. A lot of the ones I read about have decided that it was a TV issue usually occurring after some type of pause or change being made. Restarting the system after being in rest mode seems to fit that description. Some of the people state that changing the channel and changing it back OR turning the TV off and back on also solved the issue. That doesn't mean that anything is wrong with the TV, just that the video signal is, umm, confused. Still, we don't currently know what issues are going to be common with the PS5 (if any...*cough*). If one of the simple changes doesn't fix the problem, at least temporarily, I'm sure more accurate information will be available. Good luck!

User Info: chaoyun2k

chaoyun2k (Expert) - 2 months ago 3   0

1. Thanks for the feedback, I was guessing also that the ps5 is still working out it kinks like all brand new systems. I was gonna take it apart to find the problem and replace the needed part but, too much as a hassle lol. I do take apart consoles, computers, laptops, controllers, cellphones, ipads and such and fixing them. Kinda interested in taking apart ps5 to see the how big the intercooler and cpu unit actual is but, anyways, thanks again. I'll try the other things you mentioned to see if it works, maybe there is another issue or part of the tv component's going bad on it.

Thanks chaoyun2k

User Info: TruckerK680

TruckerK680 - 2 months ago 0   0
  2. my pc has done this on my tv too its a handshake issue restarting tv or whatever fixes it

User Info: yamisniper

yamisniper - 1 month ago 0   0