The Professor's Protege - Griffon?

1. I am attempting to do the quest The Professor's Protege - Griffon. The quest marker directs me to a restaurant in Lestallum, where there is a hunt for a griffon. The problem is that I had already finished that hunt before getting the quest for the griffon feather for Professor Sania, and when I replay the hunt, I don't get the feather. Any help in this matter would be appreciated.

User Info: Talaeladar

Talaeladar - 3 years ago

1. the drop rate for the feather is 15% so save before the fight and keep reloading. you can also try eating the mother and son dish prior which will increase the drop rate as well.
    there's a higher level griffin (53) that will spawn in a different location (there's no hint for it) and the drop rate for the feather is a bit higher at 25%. you can find it here:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhZVNJ49rVw

User Info: corinne1114

corinne1114 - 3 years ago 3   0

1. It sounds like you are just having bad luck. You can still get the griffon feather by replaying the hunt, it just might take a few attempts. According to the guide, you only have a 15% chance of getting the griffon feather. You might want to eat food that increases your chances of acquiring treasure (e.g. Papa Bird & Baby Bowl). Either way, I would just keep trying. You'll get it eventually.

User Info: filmjunkie79

filmjunkie79 (Expert) - 3 years ago 0   1