Is Ryuji rank 7 confidant ability bad?

1. Im asking this since im on my second playthrough and im trying to max all party members confidant, in my first playthrough i didn't max Ryuji cause i remember seeing post that said it was bad, but is it really that bad?

User Info: Razpazy

Razpazy - 1 week ago

1. The reason people say that Insta-Kill is bad is because they're trying to grind for XP and money on weak enemies. However, there are much better ways to get money, and there's no reason to XP grind against low-level enemies in the first place (as they'll actually give a lot less XP than it says they do if you out-level them enough to Insta-Kill them). The only place where Insta-Kill is a problem is if you're trying to farm specific ITEMS, such as the Liquid Mercury for the Ultimate Lockpick or negotiated items from knocked-down foes. Just try to get all the Liquid Mercury you need before you out-level the enemies that drop it and you'll be fine-- the negotiation items can be good, but nothing irreplaceable.

User Info: Chimeramanexe

Chimeramanexe (Expert) - 1 week ago 10   2

1. Who said it's bad? It's the best.
    If you ambush an enemy with a (significant) lower level than yours, instead of starting a battle, you'll gain a persona instantly. The abilty is only for mementos. Saves you a lot of time when exploring areas you've already been to.

User Info: Alex_82

Alex_82 - 1 week ago 2   3
  2. Actually, the insta kill also works in palaces if your level is significantly higher; I tested this on a NG+ by leveling up my party to 99 as soon as Mementos was available and from the second palace to the end of the game, I ambushed all the shadows and didn't have to fight a single one. The only battles I had to fight were boss battles and scripted event battles.

User Info: LordHellmaster

LordHellmaster - 1 week ago
  3. Without grinding, you can't out level the shadows in palaces. That's why I couldn't do it there.

User Info: Alex_82

Alex_82 - 1 week ago
  4. nothing bad about it, if an enemy "sees" you you won't instant kill
    only works on weaker enemies also so it won't kick unless you're way over levelled (like lv80 something palace 6)
    persona 5 royals instant kills give exp and money still, and you can avoid instant kill by not dashing.

User Info: RocketZXblue

RocketZXblue - 1 week ago 1   3
  5. Friends,

If you do not know what is going on, you might not like it. So it might be a " draw back" but you want to get relations to 10, so you are stuck with it. at least for one game.

If you have very fast fingers. you can hit them, before they hit you... .but still not sneak attack.. so you can get exp and money.

Seems like from the comments above, they " changed" it.. I did not use the term, fixed it, because that would imply it was broken.

I think you can work around it.

Good luck

dr. Darrell of michigan.

User Info: drclaeys

drclaeys - 1 week ago 0   3
  6. No, it's one of the best. Saves time, and you get either an item or persona in the process. For it to work, you have to be about 10 levels above the shadow you're facing (there's no way of knowing what the shadow is and what level it's at without going into battle with it)

People say it's bad because they're stupid, and don't know that there are two better ways of getting money and exp.

User Info: Teansyweener693

Teansyweener693 - 1 week ago 2   6