What is Morgana's Calling Card/Treasure Materialization Reasoning?

1. I am very new to the game so I have a million questions but right now it's about the calling card and materialization of the hearts. Morgana explained it but I don't remember and can't find much about it online in other sites. Why can I not steal the heart treasure right away? What does the calling card do to the person I'm targeting? Something like making them realize what their true desire is?

User Info: veenadaiya

veenadaiya - 3 weeks ago

1. Makes the person on edge. That causes the treasure to materialize.

By doing that they realize that their desires are in fact a treasure and that it may be stolen which is what causes to materialize. The game's core theme is all about cognition. If the target is told that they're desires are a treasure that may be stolen, the desires take shape as a treasure because that's what the target or rather the shadow thinks. The reason it wares off is because they realize that their desires were in no real danger and it was all just a farce. Kind of hard to explain but I hope this helped.

User Info: Nakedbacon

Nakedbacon - 3 weeks ago 1   0
  2. Yes!! Thank you that helps a ton.

User Info: veenadaiya

veenadaiya - 3 weeks ago

1. And remember, once you send the calling card, you only have 2 days(including the day they see the calling card) to get the treasure. If you fail to get it in that time frame, you'll get a bad ending and be forced to start the palace over. Of course you can avoid that by loading a file from before sending the calling card. The game encourages multiple save files.

User Info: Dusty128

Dusty128 - 3 weeks ago 0   0