I have never played a Persona game before, but understand the concept, should I get Persona 5 or wait for P5R?

1. I recently found out about this game and I really want to play it, but then I saw that Persona 5 Royal is coming out. Should I get the original and then play P5R, or should I just wait for P5R? If they are going to be the same story with just a few extra features I would rather just get P5R, having to go through the same exact story twice is usually really boring for me, except in games where your choices have an impact on how the story goes. If there are any significant changes between the two games' story I wouldn't mind getting both though. Please let me know what you all think.

User Info: kay1309

kay1309 - 1 month ago

1. The Royal version is going to add in at least 3 new important characters, early enough in the story that they'll probably send the plot into a somewhat different direction. There will also be changes to the story arc so that, while both start in April, the original has a final boss fight in December, the new one extends into at least February. There's also precedent for thinking that Royal will be noticeably different, because the same company did the Catherine games, where the Full Body remake altered around 50% of the plot. We'll know more after the Japanese release on Halloween. For now, I'd suggest both, especially since the original Persona 5 is now around $20.

User Info: Chimeramanexe

Chimeramanexe (Expert) - 1 month ago 8   1
  2. The game is pretty long so unless you are ready to put around 200 hours to complete both I would wait for P5R.

User Info: Rush-Lionheart

Rush-Lionheart - 1 week ago

1. Dude, wait for R. Is a 100 hours plus game.

User Info: jcgonzmo

jcgonzmo - 1 week ago 0   0
  2. The game is so good that it deserves at least 2 playthroughs; my advice would be to buy now a regular version and then go for P5R.

User Info: kratozero

kratozero - 1 week ago 0   0
  3. Play P5 now, P5R will be a new story. Or at least have a very different focus, because of the new characters.

User Info: formanbradley

formanbradley - 2 weeks ago 1   4