Do I need to play Persona 1-4 to understand Persona 5?

1. Never played any of the Persona games, but I am interested into playing Persona 5 though.. Is it worth playing the former Persona games regarding story line of things like that?

User Info: Schrijvershof

Schrijvershof - 3 years ago

1. The previous persona games give you more familiarity with high school life balancing with summoning demons/personas. Other than that, there is canon or hidden knowledge that gives you insight into P5. If you like P5, you'll enjoy the 3 and 4 for sure though!

User Info: shadowgendo

shadowgendo (Expert) - 3 years ago 2   1
  2. Another thing to note is that there are some cameos within P5 that directly reference previous Persona games, it's mainly a way to integrate P5 into the timeline of the Shin Megami Tensei series after the events of P2, which I can't go into here due to spoiler reasons.

User Info: akusei13

akusei13 - 5 months ago