I really need help with the last boss. Doing anything wrong?

1. So I'm lvl 67 now (playing on normal) and I just can't seem to beat Yaldabaoth. I get to his fourth arm and then usually my SP run out. Right now I'm running with Ryuji, Ann and Morgana. I usually charge Joker and then use Sword Dance while buffing ATK and DEF. I'm seriously getting close to just throwing in the towel and watching the ending cutscene on Youtube :/

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

User Info: Appletoast

Appletoast - 2 years ago
  2. Also tried killing his arms everytime they pop up. Wrong strategy?

User Info: Appletoast

Appletoast - 2 years ago

1. It might be a little late at that point in the game, but a very useful item to invest in would be the accessories that you can purchase from Takemi that grant invigorate 3.

I would also suggest making sure you are using characters that have achieved their second awakening and have learned both of the elemental damage increase skills (Amp and Boost). By having characters that have had their second awakening, you can use the Ma-(element)-dyne spells without have the character take damage from the one arm that will repel the attack back at them. This will help with clearing the arms when the all appear, and your elemental damage will be incredibly high due to both Amp and Boost. It's possible that your teammates may end up out damaging Joker, in which case it might be more effective to fuse a Persona that can heal and support.

I personally used Morgana, Makoto, and Haru. Makoto has Marakukaja, which will reduce the damage you take. Haru has Amrita Shower, which will help with a few of the ailments, and One-Shot Kill, which does a rather obscene amount of damage when paired with Snipe (+25% gun skill damage) and Cripple (+50% gun damage, and stacks) and is effective against 3 of the 4 arms. Morgana has Mediarahan for healing. Be careful of putting more than more buff on at a time, as Yaldabaoth may cast Dekaja.

I would suggest avoiding relying on Charge or Focus. They tend to use a lot of SP, and it takes away a turn that you could use for something else. I'd say go ahead and cast it once near the beginning or midway through the fight and focus on supporting. When Yaldabaoth starts charging his Rays of Command skill, you should still have a charge of whichever skill you had used. Use this charge on an area attack, and defend the next turn. It would be a good idea to use a Persona that is immune to the attack you use, since at least one of the arms WILL repel it.

It's worth noting when the deadly sins are in effect. Gluttony will cause hunger, sloth make your skills to cost twice as much, jealousy will cause the afflicted character to attach your teammates if you use a support skill (either the character who cast it or the recipient), pride will counter, etc.

User Info: namtap032892

namtap032892 (Expert) - 2 years ago 1   0

1. It took me a couple of tires to beat it on hard mode at level 75. I used megidola and debilitate with MC, brave blade and vorpal blade with Yusuke, agidyne and blazing hell with Ann, and had Makoto healing and buffing defense.

After all 4 arms have been summoned it will start re-summoning arms with half health.

Towards the end of the fight it will summon any arms it is currently missing with full health and use an ultimate attack after a 2 turn charge up. If all 4 arms are up when it uses its super move it will wipe your party. Knocking down the arms reduces the damage from the attack, to the point where you can survive it with def buff on you and atk debuff on them at 3 arms, and straight up with 2 arms or fewer.

You definitely don't need to be saving items at that point, so let em rip.

User Info: projectlex

projectlex (Expert) - 2 years ago 1   0
  2. Yoshi-tune with Hassou Tobi made it the easiest battle of the game.

If you can't fuse it cuz of money or underleveled, there is two shadows before entering the final boss batle that give you enought exp to reach lvl 79 and good amount of money. You can easily kill them with a Null Physical persona (For Kali, or that shadow with tons of arms) and Morgana / Makoto to knock out Mot / Abbadon with their respective element.

User Info: RichiePalma

RichiePalma (Expert) - 2 years ago 1   0
  3. Definitely get rid of the arms. They are just more things that might attack you.

I was never that impressed by Morgana so I used Ryuji, Ann and occasionally switched Haru and Makoto. I primarily used physical attacks that hit everyone which made keeping the arms down fairly easy and mostly only used the main character for healing and switching out characters to save on sp. Ann was in charge of dealing with the arm that was immune to physical. I did use charge/focus because Ryuji was doing nothing else with his sp and focus actually saves you sp in the long run as you get more than double damage out of maragidyne.

Also, don't be afraid to use up somas, bead chains, etc + all sp restoring items. When else are you going to use them?

User Info: peely

peely - 2 years ago 0   0