Review by RigamortisADHD

Reviewed: 03/24/14

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes

Let me start by saying that I'm a true Metal Gear Solid fan. Anyone that claims they're a fan but gives this game a bad rating must not be a true fan. This game is exactly what Hideo Kojima said it would be. It's the prologue/tutorial for the Phantom Pain. Majority of the people that complain about the game length must not have been following the MGS news.

Around the time of release people were complaining about the rumored 2 hour playtime. Metal Gear Solid 1 could be beat in less than an hour. 2 CD game in less than a hour. So I was pretty much happy with paying $30 for it. It's a fantastic game, I really like the new mechanics. There's a few hiccups here & there but overall, It's a great experience. You're supposed to play this game for fun and try out the new things you can do. Not just get from point A to point B. I've accumulated over 16 hours of playtime and I'm only 56% complete. Let me get to the actual features though.

The graphics are amazing. Kojima productions always know how to make a game look beautiful. It doesn't only look beautiful though, it plays beautiful as well. The movements are very fluent. They got rid of all the clutter on the screen. Only thing you'll see on the screen is what weapon you're wielding. I like the new search method for the enemy soldiers. Rather than them looking around the entire map for you, they only search your last known location. It's really more realistic.

I know many people complained about the reflex mode & the new tagging system but trust me when I say this .. This game definitely needs this. It would be 1 tough game without it. It really feels like an open world. There are enemies everywhere, in the watchtowers, around the corners, upstairs, downstairs, .. everywhere! It's pretty hard to keep tabs on all of them. Reflex mode is really helpful as well. One little slip up and the whole base is out to get you. Rockets flying at you, vehicles chasing you, it's really crazy. If you're up to the challenge, you can toggle it off in the settings.

I couldn't give this game a 10 because it didn't have a boss fight. Don't get me wrong .. there's a nice amount of things you can do, I just think a boss fight would've completed this prologue. That would've made this a 10. So conclusion .. If you're looking for a full game with a long story. This game is not for you. If you're 1 of those players that don't play from point A to point B, they play to have some fun. This game is for you. If you're a MGS fan, I'm pretty sure you already have this.

-Graphics 10
-Replay 10
-Difficulty 9
-Controls 10
-Story 9
(I suggest you purchase the other MGS games or watch streams of them before buying this game. They do fill you in a little bit but you would really know what's going on if you experienced what went on in the other MGS games.)

Product Release: Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (US, 03/18/14)