Is there a way to get a reward for the "Feet as Cold as Ice" quest in the Blood and Wine DLC?

1. Most people start this quest by talking to Jacquette near the Nilfgaardian embassy in Beauclair. However, I started the quest by happening upon Francois near the Grottore's cave whilst free roaming, having never talked to Jacquette beforehand. After defeating the Grottore and keeping the trophy so Francois could keep procrastinating on his quest. After I looked up info about this quest and found out a reward was possible, I went to the supposed spot where Jacquette should be near the Nilfgaardian embassy, but she is nowhere to be found.

So that's it? No reward, just because I found Francois before talking to Jacquette?

User Info: rSwitz

rSwitz - 1 week ago

1. That appears to be the case, there are a couple of quests like this, where if you don't encounter the primary quest giver prior to the encounter with the monster, you cannot receive the reward from the original quest giver.

User Info: KodyKeir

KodyKeir - 3 days ago 1   0
  2. Understood. Shame, but oh well. Thanks!

User Info: rSwitz

rSwitz - 1 day ago