I started a new game, manually saved over previous ms, but why did it still overwrite other saves?

1. I started a new game and I continually manually saved over my own singular previous manual save. I get that it auto saves, but for whatever reason it deleted a bunch of other saves that my partner made. I looked in the cloud, it has a save from last Sunday though he played that save most recently on Tuesday (why would it save Sunday but not Tuesday??) Not all is lost but i want to keep playing and don’t want to keep deleting his progress. Do we both have to always manually save over our own previous manual save? Why did this happen and how can I prevent it?

User Info: MetalFarmer67

MetalFarmer67 - 1 month ago