How to fix the black screen that appears when i try to load Witcher 3 : The Wild hunt?

1. In witcher 3 I used to play the updated game. All my saves were from the updated game. Now I wanted to play on the older version. I tried uninstalling the game but now my saved game wont run. When i choose a certain save It loads for a moment and black screen appears.. Help!! I dont want to lose all my progress :`(
    I want to play on the older version due to the money and Xp hacks etc.. Please help?

User Info: Shafai

Shafai - 3 years ago

Answers

1. Probably because just that. You're playing an older version with an updated save. Sorry, but it just doesn't work like that. A game can't run what it doesn't have. Say for example you have a certain sword or a certain skill that wasn't in the old version of the game and you tried using the same character and weapons on the old version. It would crash because the game is trying to register something that doesn't exist. This goes for more than just weapons, it can come down to simple files or side quests or even bug fixes.

To sum it down, you have a corrupted save file. You can try going back to the updated version, or you can start over. Your choice.

User Info: TheSkyrimWizard

TheSkyrimWizard - 1 year ago 0   0