How do I use my ability points?

1. I have 2 ability points and cannot figure out how to learn them and use them under the Character tab. I cannot move them to the empty box. (PS4)

User Info: DrRAJ

DrRAJ - 4 years ago

Answers

1. I am struggling with the same issue. I am guessing (not very well explained) that you can use up your ability points by "learning" new skills, but you cant them just use them. you still get the old skill you upgraded from. Apparently, you can only use the new skill by dragging it into one of 2 empty unlocked boxes on the right - the most bazar logic I have come across. The next question is, once they are in this box, how to do you then use them?

The next problem is this - I have 3 ability points, so have upgraded 3 skills, but you can only drag 2 to the right. So the only way to become better is to improve skills, but you cant actually use them.

this cannot be normal.

User Info: nutmix

nutmix - 3 years ago 1   0
  2. Square to learn, then drag them to the boxes on the right to actually "equip" them. You are limited to the amount of available boxes, which increase with Geralt's level (the screen should tell you at what level the next box becomes available), so be careful with spreading your skill points in the early game. Before long though, you'll get the ability to re-spec via purchasable potions, so don't worry if you've "messed up" your build early on.

As far as actually using them, most are automatic abilities that will apply in the correct scenario. Some have special commands, i.e. Whirl (under the Combat tree) is used by holding down the fast attack button. The descriptions for the abilities in-game aren't always clear, so I would suggest looking up FAQs here and other resources online for more details.

Google "The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Guide to Character Progression" to find a pretty good resource that should help you out with all this, among other things.

User Info: Exystence

Exystence - 2 years ago 2   1
  3. Press Square to learn them but then move them to the right to be able to use them.

User Info: drew9966

drew9966 - 4 years ago 1   1