Problem with Witcher 3 level "Ugly Baby" All Money Gone?

1. I'm having problem with proceeding with main missions that before "Ugly Baby" mission I was having around 64,700 of coins after reaching "Kaer-Morhen" I found the money dropped to 1,996 and the rest is gone!!!!!

I heard from some forums that there might be limit of 65,000 so I loaded previously saved game and sold some items till reached 65,800 then proceeded with the main mission "Ugly Baby" but also found about 2,640 of coins and the rest was gone!!!!!

Any Idea what can i do to solve such problem because I can't proceed for not lossing all coins?

User Info: AstroMan82

AstroMan82 - 4 years ago

1. Money is "capped" at ~65000 (I don't remember the exact figure).
    I say that in quotations because there is no limit to how much money you can have, BUT should you go over that limit, then the next time you reload the game, the game will subtract the limit from your total.
    Eg; we'll just say the limit is 65000, for convenience sake. If you were to save the game while you have 67000, upon loading that save you will then be down to 2000 gold.
    So by the sound of it, that's exactly what's happened to you.

GOOD NEWS, however; there is a way to 'cheat' the cap. (very minor spoilers ahead)

You will need to have access to Novigrad, and know where the pawnbroker in the city is. (And no, I'm not referring to the banker, there is an npc simply named "pawnbroker.")
    He sells Orens which are worth 3 gold each. He usually only sells between 500-1500 at a time, but if you buy all of them, then close the shop back to his dialogue WITHOUT CLOSING THE DIALOGUE, open up his shop again and all the coins would have restocked, allowing you to buy them all again. You can continue doing this until you are comfortably back under the cap again. (I generally aim to keep my gold between 40000-50000)
    Should you ever find yourself short on gold, go to the dwarven banker in Novigrads town square and he'll convert the Orens back into usable currency again.

Hope that helps.

User Info: Temnyj_Korol

Temnyj_Korol - 4 years ago 0   0