Any way to manually enter or exit combat mode/stance?

1. I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to manually enter combat mode; the one where Gerault will roll, dodge, counter, and crab walk in. The one he automatically enters when enemies are right near him. The reason is, I took the Deflect Arrows ability and before engaging in melee sometimes the enemies will shoot a couple arrows. I'll try to block them, just to have Gerault go into Witcher Senses mode (same key as block).

User Info: flamespidey

flamespidey - 4 years ago

1. I had this same problem. It appears you have to get close enough to enter the combat stance so you can deflect arrows, which really negates much of the purpose of that upgrade if you have to get close to use it. Hopefully they patch it so when there are archers attacking you from afar(which is what they do, being ARCHERS) you can block.

User Info: Brajzah

Brajzah - 4 years ago 1   0

Answers

1. When not in combat stance you can draw your silver sword by hitting right on the dpad and the steel sword by hitting left on the dpad. You can independently switch them in battle as well if you care too. Also a good tactic if you are over encumbered as you can go into combat stance and roll your way to your horse to save some of the journey.

User Info: Mglass

Mglass - 4 years ago 0   0