The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt on PS4 FPS Dilemma?

1. So I have admittedly been on the hype train for "The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt" relatively long now, and as the release was edging nearer, I was genuinely looking forward to playing this game on PS4 at the glorious (and 100% "guaranteed") 30FPS. Now, although, after the release, day-one patch and all of that good stuff has passed, I am confronted with almost all reviewers I have learned to trust saying that this game breaks immersion almost constantly with its jittering frame rate. Now, of course, as a console gamer, I am used to getting the smaller cut of the pie, performance wise if you will, but I am really repulsed by what has been said for the PS4 especially. So here is the question (finally!), Does this game run at an acceptable FPS in comparison to other titles, or does it fit into the same death sentence as AC Unity? All in all, the game looks great gameplay wise, so Im really not sure if I should miss this one out or not. As always, any feedback would be much appreciated!

User Info: PaulTheGreat

PaulTheGreat - 5 years ago

1. So far I've only noticed some minor issues here and there with frame rate/pop up which seem to be ubiquitous in games as big as this one is. Adjusting the camera can help alleviate things too, although I wish there was an option to not auto-center the camera(especially on the horse). All in all the game is running relatively smoothly in my experience.

User Info: Brajzah

Brajzah - 5 years ago 0   0

1. You should find new reviewers to trust the frame rate has not dropped once on my ps4 and it only crashed once during a game of gwent witch is a problem a lot of people seem to be having otherwise the game plays just fine.

User Info: drunkzombieslyr

drunkzombieslyr - 5 years ago 0   0
  2. It's mainly just some pop up issues which occur with any big game like this. The game is playable and I've yet to have an issue with the game.

User Info: godofwar64

godofwar64 - 5 years ago 0   0