Did my PS4 just get the blue light of death?

1. Recently I booted up my 1 year old PS4 Pro (latest update already installed a week back), but this time the console kept blinking blue for about 30 seconds before finally continuing to the main dashboard. This happened 3 times in a row and has never happened before.
    Now it seems to run fine after testing it 4 times in a row without any issues except current terrible internet speeds in my area.
    Was this the blue light of death (BLOD) or something else?

From what I’ve read, the BLOD refers to the console not proceeding to the dashboard at all and/or shuts off automatically.

Also worth noting, yesterday I did plug a brand new Sony blu-ray player into another HDMI input on my Sony Bravia TV (in my Sony undies, joke aside) and when I unplugged that unit, that’s was the exact time when my PS4 booted up normally again.
    Could this have caused the continuous blinking blue light and delayed boot up of my PS4?
    In short, is my PS4 screwed or can this happen from time to time?

I humbly ask for additional insight into this and would be very grateful for possible explanations regarding what this could be about. Thanks in advance!

User Info: Red04

Red04 - 1 month ago

Answers

1. i think there is something wrong with your hard drive and i doubt it is the blod. i think the hard drive might be slow which is causing it to boot so slow.

in short i dont think so. but you might want to keep a backup hard drive just in case

User Info: Ramiru1011

Ramiru1011 - 1 month ago 0   0