Why is my ps4 not turning on?

1. When I press the power button on the controller it blinks but does nothing to turn the ps4 on. If I press the power button on the console, it does not light up, beep or turn on. I've tried unplugging the power cord.

User Info: DarkSamurai45

DarkSamurai45 - 1 month ago

1. There could be an issue with your wall/electrical-outlet (or power-strip). Try plugging the ps4 in another one in another room.

So if that doesn't help, unless there's an issue with your controller AND the console's power button (seems unlikely, though try starting the ps4 with the controller plugged-in with its original usb-cable), your ps4's internal power supply and/or the motherboard could be at fault.

User Info: Quaddo1

Quaddo1 - 1 month ago 1   0
  2. I've tried, plugging it directly into, a different outlet. No change. I don't think the problem is the controller. It lights up when I press the power button, the console does not. When I press the power button on the console, no lights anywhere. I placed it back where it originally was and it's been a couple hours. I tried the controller again and it turned on. I'm guessing the power supply?

User Info: DarkSamurai45

DarkSamurai45 - 1 month ago