Tried rebuilding database multiple times. Lagging and freezing won't stop. What do I do?

1. Said a while ago that my playstations database was corrupted and told me to restart the ps4, I did so but since then the playstations just been lagging and freezing so much it gets frustrating to even play a game.

User Info: Tylosh

Tylosh - 4 weeks ago

Answers

1. Depending on how old the ps4 is.....

.....though, it probably needs to be serviced......i.e. opened up and cleaned out (mainly the fan and the apu heatsink) and new heat transfer compound might also need to be applied to the apu.

....and/or assuming you've got a hdd in your ps4, if it's very full free up at least 20% of free space on it and try another rebuild database.

.... and/or backup your save files, etc. (unless you're already doing so regularly) and do an initialization (either from safe mode or the settings menu).

If none of the above helps, your hdd probably is close to failing and needs to be replaced with a new hdd, or preferably a ssd.

User Info: Quaddo1

Quaddo1 - 4 weeks ago 0   0