Can I use my ps4 without an HDMI source?
My ps4 is not connected to the internet using a lan cable, I have a smart tv but even if I was to setup remote play I don't know how, I tried remote play on my laptop, It didn't work. Vateraga - 1 year ago
quick question. why wont you connect it to the smart tv Ramiru1011 - 1 year ago
I'm not nessacarily sure how. Vateraga - 1 year ago
Top Voted Answer
You can use a PS4 without any connected HDMI output via Remote Play, but you can't set it up without using HDMI initially.
In order to use Remote Play, you need to have a connected screen through HDMI, so you can register your PS4 with the device you want to connect it to. Follow these steps (from the Support PlayStation website):
3 Easy Steps to Remote Play from Your Windows-based Computer or Mac
1. Setup Your PS4 for Remote Play
- From your PS4, go to [Settings] > [Remote Play Connection Settings].
- Check the box next to [Enable Remote Play].
- Go to [Settings] > [Account Management] > [Activate as Your Primary PlayStation 4] > [Activate].
- From [Settings] > [Power Save Settings] > [Set Features Available in Rest Mode].
- Check the boxes next to [Stay Connected to the Internet] and [Enable Turning On PS4 from Network].
2. Setup PC or Mac for Remote Play
- Download the Remote Play App from the PlayStation website.
- Save the file to your desktop or other location.
- Follow the prompts to install the app.
3. Connect Your Computer to Your PS4
- If your PS4 system is set as your primary system, PS4 Remote Play should find and register your system automatically.Turn on your PS4. Make sure your
- From your computer, start PS4 Remote Play app.
- Sign in with the same account on PlayStationNetwork you used for your PS4 system.
Theoretically speaking, once you have this set up, you can simply turn on your PS4 (via the button or on the RP app when PS4 is in rest mode) and play from your laptop. Bear in mind that certain features won't be available to you via Remote Play. For instance, you can't switch users, use any Film & TV apps and some screen recording functions are limited. In my experience, I've found the connection from the laptop to PS4 can suffer frame drops mid way through gameplay, so I'd personally suggest you use Remote Play only when you have to, and use the Smart TV with HDMI in most cases. However, if you don't mind the occasional lag from buffering or really don't want to use the Smart TV at all, then Remote Play should be fine for you. Aeptia - 1 year ago
Forgot to mention. To use DualShock on your laptop, you just need to connect the USB cable supplied with the PS4 to your controller and the other end into the laptop. The Remote Play app will detect the connection immediately. The Remote Play app will then use the WiFi functionality of your laptop to connect to your PS4, so you don't need a wired or active internet connection to use it, which is pretty neat. Aeptia - 1 year ago
Did you perhap's forget to also read my question? Becuase theoretically if you actually did, you would realise that I'm asking how to connect my ps4 to a tv without an HDMI source. Meaning that their's no way that i'm able to view my ps4 screen without an HDMI source, that mean's that you've just wasted 15-25 minutes of your life writing a message that only applies to one who has the capability of an HDMI source to view their screen. Vateraga - 1 year ago
Just incase you think i'm super duper duper crazy, I've also said that I tried remote play. Vateraga - 1 year ago
if you are so against hdmi the take a hdmi to av converter Ramiru1011 - 1 year ago
You can connect an av to a ps4?? Vateraga - 1 year ago
Yes and No.
Yes, for the Auxiliary port (Analog connection for TVs that do not have HDMI port)
No, for the wireless output. lloydknight - 1 year ago
just plug the hdmi cable into your tv and the ps4. then plug in the power cable for the ps4 and press the on button on the ps4. the rest should be provided by the system.(make sure to change the input) Ramiru1011 - 1 year ago
I generally hope that you're joking. Vateraga - 1 year ago
Answer this Question
More Questions from This Game
|Can a PS4 hdmi cord be used as a hdmi cord for a Nintendo switch dock ?||Answered|
|Does the OG PS4 support HDMi 2.0 and 2.0a?||Answered|
|Why am i not getting an hdmi signal on my ps4?||Answered|
|PS4 HDMI Problem?||Answered|
|can a ps3 hdmi cable be used with a ps4??||Answered|