Why does my PS4 sometimes turn on by itself at random?

1. This has happened to me a few times but it's pretty strange when it happens. The console will just turn on by itself without any input from me. Also the controller is usually laid flat on its back, so there isn't really a potential that the home button might have accidentally been pressed. I've also had the console turn on a couple of times while I was asleep, then woken by the console turning on?

User Info: Darunia336

Darunia336 - 9 months ago

Answers

1. i can only think of two possibilities, you have spotify connected to ps4 and enabled the turn on ps4 when app is active( maybe from notification) number 2 you invited a neighbor over and played ps4 so when he/she turns on it might turn on yours. the easiest solution is to turn of your ps4 then unplugging the system.

User Info: Ramiru1011

Ramiru1011 - 9 months ago 0   0
  2. None of those possibilities could be true, I never used spotify before and I've never had someone else controller connect to my console before.

User Info: Darunia336

Darunia336 - 9 months ago
  3. as said turn it off by the plug when your done (after turning of the ps4)

User Info: Ramiru1011

Ramiru1011 - 9 months ago