Why does my PS4 says it's too hot when it's not?

1. Recently my PS4 has "overheated" and shut down multiple times. However, when I've felt the top of it to check the temperature, it has been the same, if not colder, than it usually is. Does/Has anyone else had this problem and know how to fix it?

User Info: BigG

BigG - 1 month ago

1. Hi

When this 'overheating' issue occurs, means that the motherboard's temperature is dangerously high, sometimes this high temperature is not reflected in the console's exterior as the point of high temperature is localized.

Sadly this is a hell of a problem, if this keeps up your PS4 can stop functioning. The only solution is getting it repaired to check every component related to the power supply and detect what is causing the problem.

Cheers

User Info: Tidus1012

Tidus1012 (Expert) - 1 month ago 1   0

1. The thermal pasting for the CPU in the PS4 and PS4 Pro can be notoriously **** depending on whereabouts in the world it was assembled.

If you have the former then repasting it yourself is fairly easy. If the latter then it's more troublesome getting the outer shell casing to open, but the actual repasting is, again, fairly straightforward.

Check out some Youtube vids on this and give it a whirl (provided your warranty has elapsed. If it hasn't, then send it back for either a refund or repair).

User Info: Steve_McCroskey

Steve_McCroskey - 1 month ago 2   0
  2. Yup my cousin just used the paste he uses on his builds. Repaired my as well.

User Info: Biscuito

Biscuito - 4 weeks ago

1. Because it's Paris Hilton

User Info: ubi

ubi - 1 month ago 1   0
  2. I've double checked and I don't think my PS4 is Paris Hilton :(

User Info: BigG

BigG - 1 month ago