Can old Playstation system games be played on this one?

1. I have old PS1, PS2, and PS3 game discs. Can these games be played on the PS4?

I also have a memory card transfer device that transfer's game save data from PS1 and PS2 memory cards to my PS3 system. Does the PS4 also have that?

If my specific PS1 and PS2 games doesn't work on the system, could they be found on the Playstation Network store?

Can also games and game save data from the PS3 be transferred and played on the PS4?

I like to play games Final Fantasy VII, Tactics, and VIII for PS1; X and XII for PS2; and XIII on PS4. Could those games be played on the PS4?

Another habit I have with those games is that I like to use Codebreaker, Gameshark, and Game Genie game modifiers on them. Could those be used on the PS4?

If some of these games are re-released (I've heard something about a new remake of Final Fantasy VII) to be played for this system, I don't think it's possible, but could the past PS1 game saves be used with that game?

User Info: MajinHordack

MajinHordack - 2 years ago

1. PS4 is not backward compatible, so no to your first question.

There are some classic PS1 and PS2 games that were released in digital form for the PS4, but you need to re-purchase them. All re-release/remaster/remake games are considered new games, your old save files will not work.

There is also a subscription service called PlayStation Now, it's basically a rental service. You pay a monthly fee and you can have unlimited access to all the games available in its library. Not all of the past games are available, but there's still quite a few to choose from.

User Info: theresay

theresay (Expert) - 1 year ago 1   0

1. Simply, no. No PS4 model is backwards compatible.

User Info: aces4839

aces4839 - 2 years ago 0   0
  2. Thanks. Since Christmas is coming up, this was one of the things about this system I wanted to find out about to consider getting it, but I hope and pray there will be a Sony system made that will make that possible.

User Info: MajinHordack

MajinHordack - 1 year ago 0   0
  3. I would recommend getting an older Playstation (1/2/3) off ebay if possible.

A lot are in surprisingly good condition, and older consoles are built to last!

Come on, there's nothing better than playing an older/retro game on an old/retro console.

User Info: Coalcanth

Coalcanth - 1 year ago 0   0