How do you tell the difference between a 500gb & a 1tb console?

1. I've been looking to get a console for a while and there's heaps of second hand ads online but if they advertise it as 1tb and I go and inspect it how do I know it is actually 1tb without turning it on? Is there something I can look at without turning the console on that will immediately tell me what size HDD is in it?

User Info: Agora

Agora - 4 years ago

1. First, it isn't recommended that you purchase from someone that you can't even trust a description of the product.

There is on some models (starting with 1215) where the 500GB ends in A and the 1Tb ends in B (in other words CUH-1215A or CUH-1215B). That is the only thing I can find that it mentions if you don't have the box it came in or if you are buying used.

Only buy from someone that you can be confident in the description, it isn't worth a few dollars to take a chance at getting something that isn't what you want. Good luck.

User Info: chaoyun2k

chaoyun2k (Expert) - 4 years ago 28   25

1. the only way to know for sure without turning it on is to buy a new unopened box and read the specs on the box

User Info: skermac

skermac - 1 month ago 0   0
  2. To add to the other answer, since hard drives are replaceable you can never be 100% sure what's in the PS4 without turning it on.

User Info: Eoin

Eoin (Expert) - 4 years ago 7   13