Playstation 4 turning off by itself?

1. I have a playstation 4 standard 500 gb, it is doing good but sometimes it turns off by itself and remain unresponsive for 10 minutes kind of, before doing that, i've always heard my ps4 fan increasing his speed and then the ps4 turns off, thereafter it turns on normal when i press the power button, it says that my ps4 turns off uncorrectly etc etc. and the normal things it says when you turn off your ps4 uncorrectly, it doesnt seem to be a overheating issue, since it is just a little bit hot when that happen, nothing to worry about about the heating, what could it be? do you reccomend me to sell this one and buy a new one?

User Info: Drpizza1993

Drpizza1993 - 4 years ago
  2. Note : it doesnt show blue light or another light with different color neither

User Info: Drpizza1993

Drpizza1993 - 4 years ago

1. If you call Sony the first thing they'd probably tell you is to make sure your PS4 is completely turned off and unplug every single cable from your PS4 for at least 3 minutes to drain all the power out and then plug everything back in again. It seems that the internal power supply of the PS4 can be rather finicky, and heat sensors too. If you try the standard relatively simple fixes and those don't help, it can't be resolved and your console will need to be serviced or you could sell it as you ask. If you have had the unit for a while then that may be your best option (selling), but if you have only had the PS4 for a few months then it is probably something that you will experience with a new one as well. If you want additional feedback post a topic on the board where more people visit and you may find some things you haven't tried.

User Info: chaoyun2k

chaoyun2k (Expert) - 4 years ago 2   0