Why was my disk install super quick?

1. Downloaded ac valhalla by disc and it only took like 10 mins 7 hours into the game all is good im just abit sus as it is ps usually takes a day
    Anybody elses super quick?

User Info: Jjd95

Jjd95 - 1 week ago

Answers

1. Mine took about 20 minutes for 46 GB. Pretty awesome! I downloaded Marvel's Avengers and it was the same size, took about 40-50 minutes. While the update is 14 GB and is estimated to take 3 hours. I wouldn't be suspicious, hope your enjoying the game!

User Info: samantha_nicole

samantha_nicole - 1 week ago 0   0
  2. I noticed a couple other disc games I have these days, installing in minutes. Sony must have figured out some better process. Way faster, then when I first got these games.

User Info: thecatsix

thecatsix - 1 week ago 0   0
  3. Same. You pop the disc in and virtually immediately the PS4 says the game is fully installed. It isn't really, though - if you're in a quiet room where you can hear the Blu-ray drive, it carries on reading from the disc at high speed for several more minutes and then spins down to silence when it's really finished.

I think what's changed is that they've applied the minimal "data necessary to start the application" thing to disc installs, that's all. The disc has to be in the drive while you play, so it just finishes installing from the disc in the background.

I suspect that if you reinstalled a large game from disc and straight away tried to load a late-game save it would have to admit that it was still installing :)

User Info: ghostgate2001

ghostgate2001 - 1 week ago
  4. If you are playing on the PS5 and you have the PS4 game, make sure you upgrade it. It is found by pressing down on the game icon.

User Info: samantha_nicole

samantha_nicole - 1 week ago 1   1
  5. It might be like the witcher 3 where the main installment is done why playing the game.

User Info: Tiylerthefox

Tiylerthefox - 1 week ago 0   0
  6. If you just turned on your ps4 the ram is clear and no games on so it will put everything into installing power since you left it to install and nothing else

User Info: Kruel-Ken

Kruel-Ken - 3 days ago 0   0