I have more then 90 wishes in genshin but still no 5 star, why?

1. There is something weird in Genshin Impact that’s happening to me…
    As of September 6, 2021 I have more than 90 pulls on my history. The history only contains 4 star and lower characters ( and weapons, 4 star characters ).
    I have about 100 pulls.
    I never got a five star character/weapon.
    I need a reason to why it’s like this.
    The only five star I have is the traveler.
    I hope someone can help me with this.
    casaladory - 3 months ago
  2. are you 100% sure that it was all on one banner? because the pity doesn't carry across.

otherwise, check your last 10 wishes from when you hit 90; if your 90th wish was the only 4* in that 10 pull, it could be that the the 4* guarantee canceled out the hard pity (5*) guarantee.
    YoungGuardian35 - 3 months ago
  3. The 5* guarantee always overwrites the 4* one. TrueArchery - 3 months ago
  4. Thank you!
    I now understand.
    I have counted the total amount of wishes on ALL
    The banners.
    casaladory - 3 months ago
  5. yeah i was doing the same thing before i knew how it truely worked. I came from playing fate where (atleast from what i was told) if you roll in the free banner alot and then go to the ones that need quartz, you have a higher chance of getting a 5*, so i did pulls in the banner with mona whenever i had enough and pooled everything into getting baal. If i knew beforehand then i probably could have saved alot of pulls for it and gotten her. Jinako - 2 months ago

1. Pity isn't shared between different kinds of banners. So if you pulled 20 times on the beginner banner and 80 times on the character banner and 10 times on the standard banner your character banner pity is 80 and your standard banner pity is 10. I assume this is the case here.

Pity only carries over from one banner to the next within the same category, so for example pity from Yoimiya's banner has carried over to Raiden Shogun's banner.
    TrueArchery (Expert) - 3 months ago 5   2
  2. Ok thank you!
    So this means I need a total of 90 wishes on a single banner,
    And that my wish count doesn’t carry on to other banners only pity does.

Well time to grind…
    casaladory - 3 months ago

1. one thing to make clear, the pity does "carry over" across different banners ON THE SAME type. So like when I was saving for klee, i tossed a few here and there on different limited banners (chide, kekping, ganyu) to total around 70, so when klee rerun happened i started off with pity. standard has its own pity system and weapon banner has its own. Squidkids - 2 months ago 1   0

1. probably spread out across multiple banners zhenghan - 3 months ago 1   4