New to MHW, do I need Iceborne?

1. Hi,

New to monster hunter games in general, only played MHW for ~62 hours and currently HR 13. I wonder if I should buy Iceborne expansion on release date or wait till I'm ready for it?

I think I've enough time to finish main story, but won't have good/best end game gear (how many hours required for those?), does is matter though?

Any other tips for newbie is appreciated. Loving the game btw, sucked me in hard! :)

User Info: spangly_pig

spangly_pig - 3 weeks ago

1. You are HR 13, so chances are you still need to fight three elder dragons and then the final boss before anything else becomes available. Only after beating the main game are you able to start iceborne. My advice is just play the game and enjoy it, if you feel you have thoroughly played your worth of the game for the money you paid, then you should definitely give iceborne a shot. Not only are there new and returning monsters you also get additional content that over all makes the game better.

User Info: Gai_Akiba

Gai_Akiba - 1 week ago 7   2
  2. What he said. This is not one of those games you rush through either. Play MHW first, and get the most out of that. If you are done with practically everything yet still yearn for more, then Iceborne will offer just as much (if not more) to do and enjoy compared to World.

User Info: TheNextAvatar4

TheNextAvatar4 - 6 days ago

Answers

1. If you are 62 hours in then I would say eventually you will want Ice Born. I agree with the other posts that finishing the regular MHW game through once might be good but the stuff you can get right at the start of Ice born is better than a lot of gear you get late game in world so if you want a quicker easier time getting through world it won't hurt to just upgrade.

User Info: Seiichiro

Seiichiro - 16 hours ago 0   0
  2. In my opinion, Iceborne is worth buying.

It sounds like it'll be bringing alot of new stuff to the table (raider rides, clutch claw, etc), and the returning monsters offer some pretty good gear.

What is your current setup? I think I'm HR 41, and High Metal armor has pretty much carried me through every major battle. I maxed out it's levels and slot in which ever gems I need.

Bazelgeuse is another good set, and it's quite easy to farm.

I'm a Hammer main, and the ones that I use the most are: Cocytus, Dragonbone basher (max level), Lighting Bash (max level), and Diablos shatter.

User Info: Izrael

Izrael - 3 weeks ago 2   3
  3. If you like the main game, yes you should get Iceborne. it is a substantially large expansion, with about 25 new monsters. Iceborne also fixes a lot of problems with the base game.

I'd recommend getting past the final boss, and then jumping right into Iceborne and crafting an early MR set, as HR gear (with a few exceptions) is outclassed when entering MR, especially in regards to defence.

User Info: Dark_Abaddon

Dark_Abaddon - 1 week ago 1   2
  4. Best thing to do is finish the main campaign before buying Iceborn. You're going to have to do that before you move on anyways. Run around and get some elder dragon gear and decide what you want to do from there. Iceborn will always be there. No need to dive in if you're unsure.

User Info: timber_jack

timber_jack - 1 week ago 1   3
  5. You need to reach HR16 fight xenojiva ,then decide

User Info: Gabe1

Gabe1 - 3 weeks ago 0   4
  6. Why is this question instead of a topic on a message board?

User Info: TheNextAvatar4

TheNextAvatar4 - 1 week ago 1   8
  7. this game is a bag of suck

User Info: harley3651

harley3651 - 5 days ago 1   11